Author Topic: Leovince LV one evo exhaust fitted on my 2019  (Read 400 times)

Offline BenjaminCB

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: PC64
Leovince LV one evo exhaust fitted on my 2019
on: July 31, 2020, 06:22:56 PM
Added a Leovince exhaust earlier this week to my bike. The stock exhaust on the 2019 sounds really quite good for a factory exhaust. However it was just a bit to refined for me. I wanted the noise to be a bit more raw and have more of a bark. The LV one delivers exactly that.

Below are links to the stock and leovince sound. Both recorded in the same place with the same phone.
When revving the difference isn't as large as when you are riding and the engine is under load. Under load it has a really nice aggressive  bark, especially down low.

Stock:
Leovince:
PS: for those in Europe, this exhaust is fully road legal.

Offline Steve T

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: CB5X,F8GS,600Alp
Re: Leovince LV one evo exhaust fitted on my 2019
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 09:28:18 PM
I'm liking the sounds made by that can  :046:

Steve T

:018:
British Born
Rasied in Wales
Living in Scotland
Still British 1st though

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God-zilla
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 12:09:16 AM
I have the Leo Vince GP corsa. Much deeper sound than yours and cheaper. Awesome with baffle out but IMO too loud without. I think itís cheaper too...
But great job.

Offline BenjaminCB

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 12:20:02 AM
*Originally Posted by CB-500-X [+]
I have the Leo Vince GP corsa. Much deeper sound than yours and cheaper. Awesome with baffle out but IMO too loud without. I think itís cheaper too...
But great job.
You are correct, a gp corsa or lv 10 is about half the price of this one.
I see you live in America. I think over there no one really cares about what pipe is under your bike. Here in Europe this is a very very different story. In most country's in Europe these days the local governments have declared war on noise, motorcycles in specific. The gp corsa or lv10 are not homologated. So if you get caught with one of these on you will either get a huge fine or even get your bike impounded. The LV one is homologated so we can actually mount that one without risk. You guys have it easy in the US (and significantly cheaper!).
If you go touring during the season in Germany or Luxembourg, you WILL get pulled over for a sound check, especially if you have an aftermarket exhaust.
Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 12:29:24 AM by BenjaminCB

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God-zilla
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 12:48:57 AM
Wow heavy regulation. The harleys here run straight pipes loud as hell and annoying. The GP corsa with the baffle in is maybe 10-15 % louder than stock but does not sound tiny. Perfect. Your pipe looks great.

Online Swanny

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: 20 500X & CB1300
Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 09:31:27 AM
*Originally Posted by BenjaminCB [+]
You are correct, a gp corsa or lv 10 is about half the price of this one.
I see you live in America. I think over there no one really cares about what pipe is under your bike. Here in Europe this is a very very different story. In most country's in Europe these days the local governments have declared war on noise, motorcycles in specific. The gp corsa or lv10 are not homologated. So if you get caught with one of these on you will either get a huge fine or even get your bike impounded. The LV one is homologated so we can actually mount that one without risk. You guys have it easy in the US (and significantly cheaper!).
If you go touring during the season in Germany or Luxembourg, you WILL get pulled over for a sound check, especially if you have an aftermarket exhaust.

Good job Britain has said goodbye to Europe, we can have anything we like on our bikes over here  :001:

I rode through Germany into Austria and back again last year on my 1300 (Delkevic exhaust), went past a few gestapo check points but never got pulled over. I think it only applies to those that live there as I've never heard of any Brits being done

The vast majority of bikes here have a better end can fitted
Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 09:33:15 AM by Swanny
Life... It's Just a Ride  :305:

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 04:40:44 PM
Delkevic makes a few nice cans for the 500X at a very good price-I put one on my 2014-only problem no bracket for the center stand-but easy to make one
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline Bogeyshima

• CB500X Newbie
  • Bike: 2020 CB500X
Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 12:44:05 AM
This looks and sounds pretty nice!  Does it have the provision for the center stand? 

Offline BenjaminCB

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 09:01:28 PM
*Originally Posted by Bogeyshima [+]
This looks and sounds pretty nice!  Does it have the provision for the center stand?
yes, it has a bracket welded on

Offline Bogeyshima

• CB500X Newbie
  • Bike: 2020 CB500X
Reply #9 on: Today at 12:43:01 AM
Thank you for the info!  I ordered one, so I hope it has it also.