Author Topic: For Sale SW Motech ION Footrests.  (Read 882 times)

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Re: For Sale SW Motech ION Footrests.
Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 03:22:40 PM
*Originally Posted by Oyley [+]
They are now..meant to update this but..bad day yesterday.
Circlip from the site bought them,could not collect them straight away as he was busy and paid cash on collection so until that point I was just holding them...it was not yesterday as I was out all day...later than expected due to the following :-

For anyone who may use a Kovix disc lock,be aware that the slightest tap on the side of the lock where the barrel is will stop the lock from retracting the pin and you are stuck...I was for five hours yesterday and the recovery guys are not allowed to used angle grinders.
100% respect for the AA guy who did everything to get that lock off,he was a biker so that may have inspired his efforts.
So what did you end up doing to get the lock off
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Online Oyley

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Re: For Sale SW Motech ION Footrests.
Reply #11 on: September 28, 2020, 04:15:29 PM
I asked if he knew any local bike thieves but he did not 😉
It was a mix of a hacksaw with a blade past its best.
It has an aluminium body and someone locally had a battery grinder but no cutting disc, so it was numerous attempts with a grinding disc and wire brush on the disc as it clogged up,of course it would.
Finally I had a Motion Pro 1/4 T bar and forced the forked area apart when enough material was ground away.
Having the right tools would have been much faster and easier...if I was  a bike thief,I would have been geared up better 🥴
I wont be using a Kovix of that design as the slightest knock on the housing does not allow the lock barrel to withdraw the pin...although the key turns, quite loosely
It does not feel tactile or if it's doing anything.
Strange how this and other Kovix disc locks when I checked a supplier seem to be 25/30% off on sale whilst stocks last ! It strikes me as if there is a design problem.
This was the first time I had taken the lock with me and used it...albeit I bought it before lockdown here, along with a smaller one, same style.
Its limiting on what size and design of lock you can fit on the rear disc.
I was only going to be within 50 metres if the bike getting a tea to go and it was quite busy with footfall at the entrance to   a well known railway station that has steam trains running.
Haworth in West Yorkshire, It was just a minor bright yellow deterant/precaution on the visible side of the bike whilst we grabbed a brew and viewed the old steam train in action.
Ruined my feckin day for sure,good job I could get a brew and some chips and gravy 🤔