Author Topic: CB500X - Value for money between years/revisions?  (Read 2272 times)

Offline woody928

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
Re: CB500X - Value for money between years/revisions?
Reply #30 on: August 30, 2020, 04:18:29 PM
*Originally Posted by barko1 [+]
So I hope you and the 500x are getting along well.  I think I might blame you for some recent urges I have been experiencing, like thinking of buying a Ducati Multistrada, to get more "fizz" out of my riding. My 500x is serving me well, running down the road at 128 kph and bouncing along dirt roads but for some reason, without any logic I have Ducati on my brain. As I said I have had way to may varied motorcycles over the past nearly 60 years but never a Duc. I even looked up what James May was saying about fizz. I don't need any Ducati, but.... and you might be responsible.  :087:

:008: You can blame me if it makes you feel better. I've put another couple of hundred miles on it now and certainly seem to have a much better understanding of it. Down A and B roads its really good fun and does everything competently enough, in fact it allows you to ride it hard without going crazy speeds which is really fun, and given my experience good for further learning without getting myself into too much trouble.

It does however lack the extra grunt I'd like on a motorway for comfort and those more spirited overtakes. It doesn't have enough power for what I'd like and feel comfortable with. As and when my insurance drops I'll be looking for something around the 100bhp bracket, I really like the new Honda CBR650R and have always had a hankering for a Triumph Daytona 675 however I'm totally with you for an all around touring bike the Multistrada looks perfect for Europe. The crazy thing is all of  these  bikes are relatively affordable its just the damn crazy insurance quotes that I seem to be picking up!

Maybe just test ride one, just to see what its like of course...  :038:

Online AJC500

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X ABS
Reply #31 on: September 01, 2020, 09:16:31 AM
500X has passed Euro 5 without any changes, so next years models just have slight changes to graphics.  And that red frame.

500F sees some bright new colours though.

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2020/september/euro5-legal-honda-cb500-for-2021
The Story So Far.........
2017-2019: 12000 miles recreational use - 89.73mpg UK; 74.72mpg US; 3.15litres/100km

Offline barko1

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: 2020 500x
Reply #32 on: September 15, 2020, 07:54:06 PM
*Originally Posted by woody928 [+]
:008: You can blame me if it makes you feel better. I'm totally with you for an all around touring bike the Multistrada looks perfect for Europe. The crazy thing is all of  these  bikes are relatively affordable its just the damn crazy insurance quotes that I seem to be picking up!

Maybe just test ride one, just to see what its like of course...  :038:

I've ordered up an extra dose of fizz, should be picking up a 06 Multistrada 1000S later today. I know that means the CBX will get ridden less, put 2000m on it the last few months. The CBX is a keeper, I just wanted/missed the big grunt.

victorious-backstage