Author Topic: Opinion/thoughts - part out RR Lv2 bits or sell complete bike  (Read 207 times)

Offline slackerdeluxe

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
Hi all:

Some recent health issues have dictated that I can no longer risk the inevitable bounces and tumbles that will happen with any rough off-pavement and occasional trail riding. So I'm trying to figure out what to do with my 2013 whose RR add-ons are less than 5 months old with fewer than 400 miles.

I can probably risk scenic pavement touring and scooting about town for which a stock CBx would be a fine. However, that style of riding doesn't require spoked wheels,TKC 80s, crash bars, pannier racks or hefty RR pegs. I'm trying to decide if I should restore the bike to mostly stock (I still have a RR Lv1 suspension I could put back in) and sell off the other RR bits or just sell/swap the CBx with the RR lv2 installed and get something else.

Shipping wheels with new tires or the other heavy part seems like a really big hassle.

Any opinions on what y'all do?

TIA
2013 CB500X
Rally Raid Level 2; Hepco & Becker Tank Guard; Barkbuster hand guards.; Evotech radiator guard.; TKC80s., Shock Soxs, CMX clutch case cover

Offline Swanny

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 20 500X & CB1300
Re: Opinion/thoughts - part out RR Lv2 bits or sell complete bike
Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 01:56:03 PM
You'll get more money if you sell off the RR stuff separately
Life... It's Just a Ride  :305:

Online motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Re: Opinion/thoughts - part out RR Lv2 bits or sell complete bike
Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 02:20:48 PM
Try a local sale first if no takers as the bike is than you will have to take off all extras and sell them on the internet
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike