Author Topic: Tyre improvement  (Read 590 times)

Offline Clive

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Cb 500x
Tyre improvement
on: September 04, 2020, 08:21:14 AM
Just changed the tyres that came with the bike, original Dunlop Trail with 8500ks looked very roadworthy and indeed passed the RWC test. The bike just handled so bad, tipping into corners with a correction always needed. I guess they were squared off but honestly didnít look that bad. Anyway bit the bullet and got myself a set of Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2. Well its transformed, runs on rails holding the line perfectly,the grip feels impressive on tarmac. No dirt yet but I donít expect it will let me down within its parameters.
While in lock down I got hold of a Musarri exhaust, $250 delivered. First time to try today. Most impressed. Sounds great with baffle in, louder without but acceptable does backfire on over run a bit. I will keep the baffle in . Looks good, didnít fit perfectly but very easy fix. Does it go better ? Probably not but its lighter, looks a bit trick. Good value for money in my opinion.
Clive

Offline MegaShawn

• CB500X Newbie
  • Let's Ride!
  • Bike: CB500X
Re: Tyre improvement
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 12:47:27 PM
how expensive were the Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2? I feel the same way about the stock tires, not horid, but certainly not the best.
Looking for a aftermarket exhaust myself. There is so much out there its hard to make a decision.

Ride Safe

Shawn

Offline Clive

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Cb 500x
Re: Tyre improvement
Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 08:33:08 AM
Hi Shawn, I think I paid $500 plus fitting $65. Not the cheapest out there but hoping they provide good service. They never seem to be on special like others.
Cheers Clive
Clive

victorious-backstage