Author Topic: RR engine guard with central stand  (Read 589 times)

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Re: RR engine guard with central stand
Reply #10 on: September 13, 2020, 12:47:30 AM
Dont I know it ! 😖

Offline DaFoole

• CB500X Member
  • Bloat and Sloth...
  • Bike: 19 CB500x
Reply #11 on: September 13, 2020, 01:44:37 AM
*Originally Posted by pm9654 [+]
I love my SW-Motech skid plate and OEM centerstand!

Have one on order! 
Crashing motorcycles since 69!  Chasing the perfect beer and bike...

Offline veriest1

• CB500X Member
Reply #12 on: September 13, 2020, 03:43:36 PM
I think part of why RR doesn't care about the center stand is when the bike is lifted (as with their level 2 kit) the center stand is to short and it doesn't look like there's enough clearance for a longer stand without hitting the rear wheel.

I honestly don't understand the obsession with center stands anyway. They're convenient I guess but not that convenient and I wouldn't want one without a skid plate on it. The part of the bike where the center stand is sees a lot of obstacles on these low slung ADV bikes (as evidenced by the skid plates on my GS) and an uncovered centerstand is a recipe for getting stuck on things.

For folks who don't ride off road much and don't see a lot of terrain features it's probably irrelevant to worry about having a plate as strong as the RR one. In such situations mounting a rock guard of sorts and keeping the center stand works fine... and the guard is probably overkill.

That's my opinion and it's worth as much as you paid for it. 

Offline Swanny

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 20 500X & CB1300
Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 08:34:57 AM
Rally-Raid are missing out.  :084: There's a lot of demand for a bash plate that fits with a center stand.
I'm sure they could make one if they wanted to  :187:
Life... It's Just a Ride  :305:

Offline DaFoole

• CB500X Member
  • Bloat and Sloth...
  • Bike: 19 CB500x
Reply #14 on: September 16, 2020, 04:35:34 PM
*Originally Posted by veriest1 [+]
I think part of why RR doesn't care about the center stand is when the bike is lifted (as with their level 2 kit) the center stand is to short and it doesn't look like there's enough clearance for a longer stand without hitting the rear wheel.

I honestly don't understand the obsession with center stands anyway. They're convenient I guess but not that convenient and I wouldn't want one without a skid plate on it. The part of the bike where the center stand is sees a lot of obstacles on these low slung ADV bikes (as evidenced by the skid plates on my GS) and an uncovered centerstand is a recipe for getting stuck on things.

For folks who don't ride off road much and don't see a lot of terrain features it's probably irrelevant to worry about having a plate as strong as the RR one. In such situations mounting a rock guard of sorts and keeping the center stand works fine... and the guard is probably overkill.

That's my opinion and it's worth as much as you paid for it.

:762:
Yes. Makes perfect sense.  I still have my KLR to beat up if the mood strikes and I'm getting a bit creaky to be doing any hard core off road riding anyway.
Crashing motorcycles since 69!  Chasing the perfect beer and bike...