Author Topic: Is CB500X powerful enough? - for new owners  (Read 1658 times)

Offline spooky

• CB500X Member
Re: Is CB500X powerful enough? - for new owners
Reply #30 on: September 15, 2020, 06:41:04 PM
*Originally Posted by motorboy [+]
Because the speedometer gets its info from the transmission not the wheels
  but wouldn't that make the RPMs be higher at the same speed?

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Reply #31 on: September 15, 2020, 06:59:58 PM
*Originally Posted by spooky [+]
No it will show the same the transmission has no idea what the rear wheel is doing  only thing true speed will be lower than indicted-if you want to know true speed go to Gear Commander
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline HarrySeaward

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
Reply #32 on: September 16, 2020, 11:24:44 AM
*Originally Posted by spooky [+]

Motorboy is right. I did a sprocket swap early this year, and posted about the difference it made with my speedo here: https://www.cb500x.com/index.php/topic,9485.msg94406.html#msg94406

Easiest way to check is to use your phone's Google Maps to tell you how fast you're going, and then compare that to your speedometer. It's not linear, so (for me) the discrepancy increases as my speed increases. My sprockets are not the same as yours, but I ended up writing "+4" in grease pencil on my dashboard to remind myself that I'm going faster than my speedo is telling me.

There's also a company called Healtech that sells a "Speedhealer" to re-calibrate the speedometer so it's accurate again.

Offline spooky

• CB500X Member
Reply #33 on: September 16, 2020, 05:55:20 PM
*Originally Posted by HarrySeaward [+]
Motorboy is right. I did a sprocket swap early this year, and posted about the difference it made with my speedo here: https://www.cb500x.com/index.php/topic,9485.msg94406.html#msg94406

Easiest way to check is to use your phone's Google Maps to tell you how fast you're going, and then compare that to your speedometer. It's not linear, so (for me) the discrepancy increases as my speed increases. My sprockets are not the same as yours, but I ended up writing "+4" in grease pencil on my dashboard to remind myself that I'm going faster than my speedo is telling me.

There's also a company called Healtech that sells a "Speedhealer" to re-calibrate the speedometer so it's accurate again.
I thought I had stumbled onto some magic number sprocket swap that jive with original speed/ rpm's :008: