Author Topic: OEM parts on back order  (Read 453 times)

Offline 1uglybastard

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CB, CBR, Ninja,
OEM parts on back order
on: September 27, 2020, 01:10:38 AM
I'd like to service my forks but all parts seem to be on back order. I ordered through Bikebandit, which is normally reliable.

Anyone else having issues getting OEM parts?

Offline robbnc

• CB500X Member
Re: OEM parts on back order
Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 03:41:01 PM
My parts, including fork tubes, have been on back order from Bike Bandit for 6 weeks.

Offline ksandvik

• CB500X Member
Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 05:27:15 PM
Disruptions in the supply chain from many Asian factories. The reason music stores don't have many new guitars just now.

Offline Aggie95

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: '14 CB500X
Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 04:28:13 PM
*Originally Posted by 1uglybastard [+]
...I ordered through Bikebandit, which is normally reliable.

Anyone else having issues getting OEM parts?

Only with BikeBandit!!  I ordered an ECU for my 4whlr from BikeBandit a few months ago because they said they would ship it within one to two days; I assumed that meant they had it in stock!  Everyone else said they wouldn't be able to ship for about seven days, which indicated to me they didn't have it in stock.  After about a month of waiting for them to ship, I finally got a call back from Customer Support saying that the part had arrived from Honda to their facility seven days after I placed the order, and they were generally shipping such parts about four weeks after receipt of the parts so my order should ship any day...  He also reminded me that there is a banner across their website saying that due to Covid, orders were often delayed.

To shorten a long story, they finally shipped my part seven weeks after they received it from Honda!!!  I believe the problem is their warehouse is in California (San Diego), and California is still locked down!!  I have since ordered several OEM parts from other suppliers whose warehouses are not in California and have had no such problem...

I have also used BikeBandit several times in the past with great results; the problem appears to be California still locking down industry!

1971-1973: '67 CL77 (305 Scrambler), Sold, because my wife said to...
2018: '14 CB500X, The dream bike of my youth!  Thanks, Son

Offline 1uglybastard

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CB, CBR, Ninja,
Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 08:12:38 PM
Finally got my parts in a couple of days ago. No explanation why it was so late when I called. They just said they'd been waiting for all the parts to come in.