Author Topic: Cheap Slip On Amazon Exhaust  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Smokeshow

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
Cheap Slip On Amazon Exhaust
on: September 27, 2020, 06:31:52 AM
Gang, Im wanting to change out my exhaust on my 2015 CB500X. My wife is asking alot of questions about the parts I keep ordering and asking about how much $$$ I'm spending....

Has anyone had a good experience with a cheap ass slip on exhaust from Amazon? Like $50-$100 cheap.

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Re: Cheap Slip On Amazon Exhaust
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 03:17:12 PM
*Originally Posted by Smokeshow [+]
Gang, Im wanting to change out my exaughst on my 2015 CB500X. My wife is asking alot of questions about the parts I keep ordering and asking about how much $$$ I'm spending....

Has anyone had a good experience with a cheap ass slip on exaughst from Amazon? Like $50-$100 cheap.
I bought one awhile back for a Honda CB300 I had just to see what you get for the price  -quality was decent- fit was OK  in the end worked very well-matter of fact can't see spending anymore for a pipe-and through the years I have had many name brand pipes
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline MoToad

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: CB500X, Tw200
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 08:03:23 PM
Mine's sitting on the kitchen table, still waiting for the mid pipe. The fake Carbon Fibre looks great even if it doesn't last. That said, my Yosh CF on my Strom has definitely dulled after a few years anyway. And it was $800.

Takin a likkin but I'm still tickin.

Offline crispenator

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2015 cb500x
Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 01:37:28 PM
Hi all i have seen these on ali express not to sure how good they are but they look like another well known brand that is expensive in fact you can actually buy the sticker and slap it onto the cheapy and they would look the same , yoshi pipes have been around forever and have always had a good reputation ,the one i looked at was marketed by a company in the west called screamin demon its around 250.00au and just bolts straight on ,still deciding as all the faffing around with the centre stand stopper i did on the original i would have to do again so im not in any hurry to change it .

Offline ReiZ

• CB500X Newbie
  • Bike: Yamaha Majesty
Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 03:17:49 PM
Hey.  Have you guys checked out Oregon Motorcycle on YouTube?  He just put a video out this weekend showing 2 cheap amazon slip on exhausts.  The one Toad posted a pic of might be the same one he showcases in his video, I think I like the other one better though.  The mid pipe he used wasnít an ideal fit however.

Online Oyley

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 04:32:08 PM
Apparently..if it makes more noise,it makes more power ! No dyno figures but I guess more noise is the scientific way of proving more power.
Watch the tubeless tyre repair...its hilarious, but,as it's the way he was told..its correct,even though it failed.
Instructions are for others 🤣
If you are a fan of hearing 'Yeah baby' when he gets 47 bhp in an overtake...you will love it.
Or a praising review of a tyre before its tried in various conditions...then next thing is, its crap and swapped out.
Oh..and blatantly be asked to subscribe and like on each video..
Its aimed at young and newbie bikers who hang off every word..worse still,believe them !
Hey, it may be what some members want, I dont know of any myself,I file it under comedy entertainment so I guess it has some value.
Just dont take seriously anything that looks like a riding or accessory fitting tutorial.
Going through a red light on an on ramp with a traffic cop watching, knowing full well you cant...then telling the cop it's ok in California  but he was in Oregon, it's a classic.

Offline ReiZ

• CB500X Newbie
  • Bike: Yamaha Majesty
Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 05:56:05 PM
I didnít say he was my hero or anything, lol.  Just seemed like a coincidence to see that muffler posted on here, when I just saw it in a video yesterday.  At least you can get an idea of what it sounds like on the CB500X, I probably wouldnít settle on that mid pipe he used however.
Perhaps he is less mature than myself (I think we are about the same age), like and subscribe requests can be tiresome and yes, I rolled my eyes when he started arguing with the cop.  However I do enjoy his adventure ride videos, the drone footage can be fun, and I just find myself more encouraged to explore back roads and off road adventures after watching.  That is the value I see in his videos anyways.
I do like the look and sound of the second pipe he tried out though.  An aftermarket exhaust was never on my radar until I saw that one, haha.  Iíd probably want to do more research on the topic though, as I always thought swapping out exhausts would lead to fuel remapping etc, which is a little more involved than Iíd prefer to get.
I must admit, Iíve only been riding/turning wrenches on bikes for 2 years now, so I would still consider myself to be a newb, lol.

Online Oyley

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 06:08:45 PM
I do find it entertaining..in a weird sort of a way but..if you are a newbie,defo avoid anything that resembles a tutorial.
Oh...the 'yeah baby' bits are not something you want to emulate 🤣🤣🤣
Give those wheely attempts a miss also, they are just not working for him.
I left my wheely days a long way back on a motocross track and off road where there was a purpose.
I fitted a Serket on my CB500X, yeah it was a bit spendy,dyno video online and about 1bhp increase,you dont notice much of a noise increase at all as the factory twin exit pipe gives a bit of a bubble in certain conditions  but it does pull one gear higher on my known windy/hilly route that I take to get away from my home..that was noticable almost straight away.
But some are happy to equate noise to power with zero evidence..I had a friend who did that on a couple of his bikes many years ago...I made no exhaust changes on mine at the time,mine sounded mute compared with but for sure..his noise only served to reduce his power !! And the noise on a run did your ears in.

Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 06:36:13 PM by Oyley

Offline MoToad

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: CB500X, Tw200
Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 08:33:12 PM
Couldn't be bothered to watch the whole video but did I see that the centre stand stopper is not there? and what? The stand just bangs against something? Don't think I want to be bothered if that's the case. I'll just send it back to Amazon.
Takin a likkin but I'm still tickin.

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 10:07:18 PM
*Originally Posted by MoToad [+]
Couldn't be bothered to watch the whole video but did I see that the centre stand stopper is not there? and what? The stand just bangs against something? Don't think I want to be bothered if that's the case. I'll just send it back to Amazon.
It's real easy to make one using a T- bolt clamp
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

victorious-backstage