Author Topic: Future new CB500X owner from France  (Read 804 times)

Offline Genero

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CB500X
Future new CB500X owner from France
on: October 03, 2020, 12:01:05 PM
Hi,

I'm 30, living in Alsace - the very east part of France that has a border with Germany - and currently taking lessons to pass the driving license, called A2 here.
Not quite sure if the process/lessons are the same everywhere in europe, so basically, here, it's in two steps:
     1) Agility part composed of exercises with cones, sharp corners, slow / fast parts, breaking & slaloms
     2) Road part, where you just drive your bike as one would among other vehicules, with the voice of your instructor in the helmet, letting you know where to go and how you've just forgotten your turning indicator for the third time of the session ...

On next week I'll attempt the "Agility" exam (I totally made that name up, I have no clue how it's really called) after 10 hours of pratcise on the track, with a lovely 2020 Kawasaki Z650. Fingers crossed, before fingers in V :D

I'm 1m96 tall, 80kg, practise sports regularly (triathlon), work in IT as an engineer, for an american food company.
Before getting interested by motorcycles, I need to mention I'm a car person :) Always enjoyed any kind of vehicules, though I'm so surrounded by riders that I had to try, it's fantastic.

This week I decided I would turn some sleeping 5k into a nice 2018 CB500X that popped at my local Honda dealership. Just serviced, 2 new Michelin Pilot Road 5 on it, 17 000km, red, full history. I think it's rather adapted to my size and I love the look of it <3

So here I am, trying to know more about these lovely 2 wheels.

See ya around!

Offline BZH

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
Re: Future new CB500X owner from France
Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 12:46:52 PM
Welcome Genero,  :821:

I live in my case in the extreme west (Bretagne)

Excellent choice for the cb500x, easy to handle, economical and reliable.

Have a good trip

Offline catstevecam

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X ABS
Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 04:47:56 PM
 :400:

Offline PIGLET

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: CB500X 2019
Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 01:59:01 PM
 :401: :821: :821:

Offline adman

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: CB 500X PC64
Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 03:25:47 PM
Welcome to the forum and best regards to beautiful Alsace. We were in Eguisheim a few years ago and have made many tours into the beautiful surrounding area from there. Not only did we like the good cuisine, the historical significance for our two countries was also very impressive and moving. Time to remember and reflect.
Good luck with the exam and then have fun with the X.
A straight line is only the shortest connection between two curves ...

Offline woody

• CB500X Master
Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 11:58:42 AM
 :401: to the forum, CBX is a good all rounder! Hopefully it'll do you well  :028:

Offline Genero

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 05:29:31 PM
Thank you, guys!

That's it, I passed my "agility" exam this week, super happy :) Made it at the second attempt, after 14 hours of pratcise. Now let's hit the road with some lessons and that should be it.
The bike is now ready at the dealership... but the SW-Motec crash bars I asked to set up on it are not here yet :/

So hard to wait ^^

Cheers all.

Offline Genero

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 11:57:55 AM
During these strange times in France, the lockdown strikes again... citizens and so, bikers, need to stay at home for the coming 4 weeks, with a bit less restrictions than before, though. After several weeks of grey sky and rain, the sun is finally shining, the road is dry and the temp is pleasant... Bad karma, no doubt.

Some news from the CBX : the SW-Motech crash-bars are now installed on the bike and I could just make a quick stop at the dealership to see how it renders. It looks great :) Love it. I consider also adding the SW-Motech hand protectors at some point :001: They have also fully cleaned it, it's in extremely good conditions and looks brand new.

To come as well: gear indicator and the Grefay smartphone mount, but it will be on a dedicated topic once I'll have picked-up the CB!!

On my path to become a newbie biker, now remain the 2 hours of driving pratcise (on the road), which is in theory still possible, but to be confirmed. The exam date is confirmed, exams are allowed, it's going to be on next week! Fingers crossed.

I'll keep you guys posted, take it easy.

Offline Genero

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 08:36:12 PM
Went through the road exam on today! I think it went pretty well :)
Fingers crossed to get the results in 2 days!

Offline PIGLET

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: CB500X 2019
Reply #9 on: November 04, 2020, 08:03:56 AM
GOOD LUCK! GOOD LUCK! GOOD LUCK! :046: :046: :047: :047: