Author Topic: Ride with GPS users?  (Read 148 times)

Offline spooky

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
Ride with GPS users?
on: October 16, 2020, 10:25:44 PM
 Im trying out the "ride with GPS" app,,, does anyone here use it? I think it will work for what I need, BUT its not like a GPS.    Is there a way you can orientate it north? Iv always used my GPS's north (if that makes sense.... )    Also,  if you zoom in to where you can actually see the road your on, it takes about 5 seconds and your blue dot is off the map. This leaves you constantly re adjusting the screen. Is there a way to set it to where "you" stay in the center of the screen ?   thanks

Offline ncroadtoad

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
Re: Ride with GPS users?
Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 12:22:54 PM
A little off topic, I can't comment on "ride with GPS". But if you want to use a phone based mapping/GPS app (and not including Google, Apple, Waze, etc) maybe check out Maps.me. I have used it extensively as a backup to my GPS and as a double check when Garmin sends you off on one it's rerouting tours. I won't get into all the features, you can find them on the web, but it robust, free and a small memory footprint - and it works great offline.  In fact, if there was truly such a thing as a waterproof phone, I'd be happy with Maps.me as my only GPS. 
Cheers
Just damn happy to be here...

victorious-backstage