Author Topic: 🛑🛑🛑starting problem  (Read 1150 times)

Offline ktcb500xoc

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
  • Burmese Ryder
  • Bike: cb500x 2013
Re: 🛑🛑🛑starting problem
Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 03:27:54 AM
*Originally Posted by 762x54 [+]
You will need to check the voltage with the engine running at 4000-5000 rpm to determine the charging voltage. At
idle the generator will only produce enough current to keep the bike running.

the bike is nowhere near starting and the same thing as the first video, so i guess I can forget about running up to 5000 rpm. I just tested for the leakage
dream bike cb500x

Offline timur

• CB500X Pro
Reply #11 on: October 21, 2020, 09:28:25 AM
Do you have some mods on harnesses like phone charger, aux lights, USB connectors or similar? Maybe it worths to check the connection made there. If it's ok probably the best thing you can do is go to some Honda dealer - electronics is bit tricky and difficult to asess via forum except for most simple issues.

Regards

Timur

Offline 762x54

• CB500X Member
Reply #12 on: October 21, 2020, 10:58:01 AM
You might take the battery to a local shop and ask them to load test it. The battery
should be fully charged to do this. If the battery load tests OK then I would look for a
short in the wire harness. Look for wires that have rubbed against the frame and worn through the insulation. Also, since you've been in the rain check all the switches and
connections to see if water has entered and is causing a short.

Offline ktcb500xoc

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
  • Burmese Ryder
  • Bike: cb500x 2013
Reply #13 on: October 22, 2020, 05:22:55 PM
*Originally Posted by 762x54 [+]
You might take the battery to a local shop and ask them to load test it. The battery
should be fully charged to do this. If the battery load tests OK then I would look for a
short in the wire harness. Look for wires that have rubbed against the frame and worn through the insulation. Also, since you've been in the rain check all the switches and
connections to see if water has entered and is causing a short.
*Originally Posted by timur
link=topic=10370.msg104047#msg104047 date=1603268905

Do you have some mods on harnesses like phone charger, aux lights, USB connectors or similar? Maybe it worths to check the connection made there. If it's ok probably the best thing you can do is go to some Honda dealer - electronics is bit tricky and difficult to asess via forum except for most simple issues.

Regards

Timur

no I dont have any new mods but just the fact that the oil went into the rectifier connector did some damage to the harness.  no biggie... just got it all patched up and up running again today. tool it to honda dealer because I'm not too familiar with electronic and found a wire that was short and it was keep giving that problem. well super happy and grateful that it was a quick and a cheap fix. time to get back on the road again now that the rain has stop for some days here in Thailand. hopefully I will be able to post some videos for you guys to see the traveling life out here in Thailand on a motorcycle. Thank you every one for giving their inputs on fixing the problem. ride safe to everyone...
dream bike cb500x

victorious-backstage