Author Topic: Upgrade considerations for more all-round riding  (Read 2996 times)

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Re: Upgrade considerations for more all-round riding
Reply #30 on: November 12, 2020, 07:09:42 PM
*Originally Posted by JMo [+]
If you feel tubeless tyres really are essential, there would be nothing to stop you either sealing the existing rims with the Outex tape system for example, or even getting the hubs re-laced with some more appropriate rims...

Personally for 'all-terrain' adventure riding, this bike with a set of 17/19" rims* sealed with the BARTubless polymer system would be the sweet spot I feel.

*note. There are comparatively few tubeless tyres available in 18/21 inch sizes, but virtually every manufacturer offers tubeless tyres in 17/19 size.

Jx
all has to do with cost at the time of manufacture and that is the time to do this which would keep the cost down any aftermarket fix drives up the cost up to the buyer-it maybe just me but I will not drive any tube tire bike on the street over 50 mph for a very good reason that almost cost me a very bad crash and left me with a very lasting phobia to this day and I don't want to even get into fixing a tube flat way out in the bush or on the side of the road on a 95F day -I just feel in this day and age there is no reason that all spoke rims should not be tubeless
Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 07:16:44 PM by motorboy
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Online Neox

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2016 cb500x
Reply #31 on: November 12, 2020, 08:08:22 PM
*Originally Posted by motorboy [+]
maybe just me but I will not drive any tube tire bike on the street over 50 mph for a very good reason that almost cost me a very bad crash and left me with a very lasting phobia to this day.
Just because you've had a problem with ONE tube tire doesn't mean that ALL tubes tires are bad :001:.

my previous W650 had tube tires, it ran up to 140 km/h without fear, go from Gamvik to cabo de So Vicente without any problems.

But agree with you, i think tubeless is better :038:.

Offline max-500

• CB500X Member
Reply #32 on: November 12, 2020, 08:25:35 PM
*Originally Posted by Swanny [+]
Looks good but also looks like the same frame so probably still heavy

Its lighter than the 250!  Honda really have listened here like more companies are finally doing.

Ive still decided to stuck with my Himmy for the time being.  Now a 650 single Himmy or CRF is what I really want. 

Offline max-500

• CB500X Member
Reply #33 on: November 12, 2020, 08:28:50 PM
all has to do with cost at the time of manufacture and that is the time to do this which would keep the cost down any aftermarket fix drives up the cost up to the buyer-it maybe just me but I will not drive any tube tire bike on the street over 50 mph for a very good reason that almost cost me a very bad crash and left me with a very lasting phobia to this day and I don't want to even get into fixing a tube flat way out in the bush or on the side of the road on a 95F day -I just feel in this day and age there is no reason that all spoke rims should not be tubeless

Under 50 and a few tutorials on YT you can easily and reliably convert to tubeless.  Loads of how tos  out there.

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Reply #34 on: November 12, 2020, 08:41:20 PM
*Originally Posted by Neox [+]
Just because you've had a problem with ONE tube tire doesn't mean that ALL tubes tires are bad :001:.

my previous W650 had tube tires, it ran up to 140 km/h without fear, go from Gamvik to cabo de So Vicente without any problems.

But agree with you, i think tubeless is better :038:.
First- one time was enough and I'm not saying all tube tires are bad it's just my opinion that I don't see the point of tubes anymore
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Online Superplasma

• CB500X Pro
Reply #35 on: November 13, 2020, 09:46:45 AM
First- one time was enough and I'm not saying all tube tires are bad it's just my opinion that I don't see the point of tubes anymore

That happen'd to my wife as well ,will not ride any bike with tube tires.

Superplasma

victorious-backstage