Author Topic: PUIG Touring Windscreen  (Read 1859 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Silver

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Country: no
Re: PUIG Touring Windscreen
Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 03:11:56 PM
*Originally Posted by motorboy [+]
Never owned a bike that didn't need something changed or added right from new-on the 2019 up I can tell the Puig is about 10% better no more(for me) and I didn't care for the way it's mounted makes no sense -sent it back and bought cheap Chinese adjusters again about 10% better from low setting stock-but good enought

So the adjusters do what? Raise the screen?

Offline motorboy

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1557
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • Country: us
Re: PUIG Touring Windscreen
Reply #11 on: January 05, 2021, 03:23:02 PM
 :763:
*Originally Posted by Silver [+]
So the adjusters do what? Raise the screen?
Yes -if you put the stock screen to the high setting and add the adjusters you can raise the screen  even more-I think total is 80mm-works for me-just half up puts the air over my helmet-raised all the way up does not work for me-read all 90 pages of the windshield thread and you will come away with one thing--one size does not fit all :008:
Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 03:27:24 PM by motorboy
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline Silver

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Country: no
Re: PUIG Touring Windscreen
Reply #12 on: January 05, 2021, 04:35:55 PM
*Originally Posted by motorboy [+]
:763:Yes -if you put the stock screen to the high setting and add the adjusters you can raise the screen  even more-I think total is 80mm-works for me-just half up puts the air over my helmet-raised all the way up does not work for me-read all 90 pages of the windshield thread and you will come away with one thing--one size does not fit all :008:

Got a link to them?


Offline motorboy

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1557
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • Country: us
Re: PUIG Touring Windscreen
Reply #13 on: January 05, 2021, 06:50:25 PM
*Originally Posted by Silver [+]
Got a link to them?
Different country's different links- but I know someone posted a link and pictures a while back go to search and-try E bay and Amazon they were cheap like $20 US
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline Danrok

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 50
  • Bike: CB500X 2020
  • Country: gb
Re: PUIG Touring Windscreen
Reply #14 on: January 05, 2021, 11:33:37 PM
When I first got the bike I noticed the sound of wind turbulence at the top of my helmet. Just noise.

Now I don't even notice it.

For me this is a very minor issue.

Offline Swanny

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1299
  • Bike: 20 500X & CB1300
  • Country: england
Re: PUIG Touring Windscreen
Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 02:25:49 PM
*Originally Posted by AJC500 [+]
A lot of us have no problem with the standard screen!!

A lot of us do  :150:
Life... It's Just a Ride  :305:

Offline Silver

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Country: no
Re: PUIG Touring Windscreen
Reply #16 on: January 06, 2021, 07:24:49 PM
*Originally Posted by Danrok [+]
When I first got the bike I noticed the sound of wind turbulence at the top of my helmet. Just noise.

Now I don't even notice it.

For me this is a very minor issue.

That's called hearing loss, just saying.

Offline Danrok

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 50
  • Bike: CB500X 2020
  • Country: gb
Re: PUIG Touring Windscreen
Reply #17 on: January 07, 2021, 06:37:08 PM
Unlikely where I live with a 40 mph max speed limit!

Offline pm9654

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 40
  • Bike: CB500X
  • Country: us
Re: PUIG Touring Windscreen
Reply #18 on: January 11, 2021, 11:30:14 PM
I have the stock shield with this on my ‘18. I have never had nicer wind management. I know everyone’s different, for me this is perfect. 

http://giviusa.com/givi-products/windshields/universal-windshields/s180t-universal-deflector-clear-detail

Offline Silver

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Country: no
Re: PUIG Touring Windscreen
Reply #19 on: January 12, 2021, 02:24:21 AM
*Originally Posted by pm9654 [+]
I have the stock shield with this on my ‘18. I have never had nicer wind management. I know everyone’s different, for me this is perfect. 

http://giviusa.com/givi-products/windshields/universal-windshields/s180t-universal-deflector-clear-detail


The goal of upgrading the windshield is to avoid using an additional deflector though. I find deflectors to be annoying and distracting. So if there's a good option to upgrade the entire windshield I'd prefer that.