Author Topic: Rally Raid Fork/shock/wheel kit  (Read 213 times)

Offline Guillaume

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 CB500X
Rally Raid Fork/shock/wheel kit
on: November 17, 2020, 05:39:03 PM
Hi all, Iím interested about getting a rally raid level 1 or 2/3 kit for a 2018 CB500X.

Iím in north California.

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
Re: Rally Raid Fork/shock/wheel kit
Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 11:11:32 PM
*Originally Posted by Guillaume [+]
Hi all, Iím interested about getting a rally raid level 1 or 2/3 kit for a 2018 CB500X.

Iím in north California.

Hi Guillaume - you're unlikely to find someone selling those parts secondhand (although that is not to say it's not possible of course), as most people sell/throw-away the OEM parts they've replaced when upgrading to the Rally-Raid wheels and suspension, and/or don't typically go to the bother of removing everything again so end up selling the bike complete with the new parts fitted...

If you've not looked in the Rally-Raid specific section already it's worth checking in there at the FAQs etc and considering purchasing a new kit directly from them (to the exact spec you want) if you can't find anything suitable on the secondhand market.

Jenny x

It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline Guillaume

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2018 CB500X
Re: Rally Raid Fork/shock/wheel kit
Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 01:12:18 AM
*Originally Posted by JMo [+]
Hi Guillaume - you're unlikely to find someone selling those parts secondhand (although that is not to say it's not possible of course), as most people sell/throw-away the OEM parts they've replaced when upgrading to the Rally-Raid wheels and suspension, and/or don't typically go to the bother of removing everything again so end up selling the bike complete with the new parts fitted...

If you've not looked in the Rally-Raid specific section already it's worth checking in there at the FAQs etc and considering purchasing a new kit directly from them (to the exact spec you want) if you can't find anything suitable on the secondhand market.

Jenny x

Thanks for your reply! I was hesitant to post but saw a few people selling the parts so I felt like to try even if it's unlikely I'll found the kit with the spec I would like.

Thanks again! And thanks for all those nice videos about the bike and trips and for developing the kit along with RR!

Gui

victorious-backstage