Author Topic: Rear Rack  (Read 5737 times)

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Re: Rear Rack
Reply #40 on: January 19, 2021, 05:26:25 AM
Just saw a new rear rack for the 2019-2020 made by National Cycle and you can leave the stock grab rails on
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Online MoToad

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CB500X, Tw200
Reply #41 on: January 20, 2021, 02:41:27 AM
Ya,too late. Wouldn't bite anyways. Lotta sharp edges on that one. And well over $300 for me. If I look at those removed rails long enough and decide they are not going anywhere, I may still do a custom job on them. I know a great tig welder.
Takin a likkin but I'm still tickin.

Offline Mikey66

• CB500X Member
Reply #42 on: January 20, 2021, 09:28:37 PM
So I guess that is a NO! to strapping a milk carton to the pillion? Worked 30 years ago, still viable today, as is buying a trashed seat and bolting a Roughneck through it.
Aaaah, those were the days!
:179:

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
Reply #43 on: January 20, 2021, 09:47:22 PM
This very day saw a large ice chest on the rack of DL650--insulted mike crate :125:

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
Reply #44 on: January 21, 2021, 06:44:16 PM
 :763:x
*Originally Posted by MoToad [+]
DOH! Magnet, of course! (Just love gettin old) And, not steel, Aluminum. Have a nice clank to them. But I'm surprised, they seem heavier than Aluminum. Just more of me gettin old, I guess.
Scored a super deal on a Givi trunk and mount so I removed the passenger grab rails and installed the trunk mounts--so now I'm sure what those grab rails are made of LEAD-I could not believe how heavy those thing are-

Online MoToad

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #45 on: January 21, 2021, 08:08:46 PM
*Originally Posted by Mikey66 [+]
So I guess that is a NO! to strapping a milk carton to the pillion? Worked 30 years ago, still viable today, as is buying a trashed seat and bolting a Roughneck through it.
Aaaah, those were the days!
:179:

I dunno. Some of us are still doin it. Altho the Action Packer is lasting a lot longer than the milk crate did.

Online MoToad

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #46 on: January 21, 2021, 08:16:30 PM
*Originally Posted by motorboy [+]
:763:xScored a super deal on a Givi trunk and mount so I removed the passenger grab rails and installed the trunk mounts--so now I'm sure what those grab rails are made of LEAD-I could not believe how heavy those thing are-
Just add it to the list of unsolved mysteries. Here's just a few. 1. Trump. 2. The Doohickey. Still don't know if I ever really needed to change it on my old KLR. 3. F800GS stator burnouts. Not really unsolved, just unanswered by BMW. With the headers running right by it, it was easy to see why they cooked on that side, mine included. Vstrom idle hammer. Still got one, still got it, still have never heard or read why from Suzuki. 

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
Reply #47 on: January 21, 2021, 09:15:35 PM
*Originally Posted by MoToad [+]
Just add it to the list of unsolved mysteries. Here's just a few. 1. Trump. 2. The Doohickey. Still don't know if I ever really needed to change it on my old KLR. 3. F800GS stator burnouts. Not really unsolved, just unanswered by BMW. With the headers running right by it, it was easy to see why they cooked on that side, mine included. Vstrom idle hammer. Still got one, still got it, still have never heard or read why from Suzuki.
Yup agree with it all also had a 2006 DL 1000 with idle hammer-but I thought they figured that out-like why did Suzuki design a bike with an oil cooler than run a exaust pipe in front of it that can run 900 degrees and glow red at night when you want the oil temp 250 degrees- mine only did it when it got very hot-I guess they were right when they said it wouldn't hurt anything I put 40K on it and the guy I sold it to put another 40K-still running-and the doohicky well Kawasaki has said all a long that the failure rate was so small not worth changing it and 90%of those small numbers were from people not adjusting the cam chain right-perfect example preach it on the internet and they will believe and than sell them something to make them feel better-and you want BMW to say their wrong in their design well that's not happening -they will not admit to anything untill they come out with something better and than call it new and improved and swear there was no problem in the first place and yes I drank the cool aid had four BMW's the word to remember is HAD
Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 09:29:26 PM by motorboy

Offline jrosen007

• CB500X Member
  • 2016 CB500X (first bike!)
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X
Reply #48 on: January 30, 2021, 04:23:24 PM
I second the T-Rex option, it's $130, no tax and free shipping (to MD).  There's an identical one on eBay for $180??? :087:  Ive looked at a ton and just wanted a solo rack of decent size AND retain factory grab rails (which by the way have a neat groove underneath for using bungee cords/net)