Author Topic: Dirt road runnin  (Read 454 times)

bolluchops and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline drjack

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X
Re: Dirt road runnin
Reply #10 on: November 21, 2020, 02:46:20 AM
I carry a couple of ratchet straps under my seat to secure the bike if I ever break down and have to get carried (truck bed, trailer, tow truck) home. You can use one of these to help seat the tire on the rim if it becomes necessary. Run it around the center of the tread and crank it tight.
Jack
The intelligent rider uses a quiet pipe.
Current bikes: 2016 CB500X, 2005 400EXC

Offline Drklynoon

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X
Re: Dirt road runnin
Reply #11 on: November 25, 2020, 03:36:01 AM
I went back out and found some really mixed dirt roads. Some of these were super sandy, others were grass with old broken road surfaces, and others were hard packed cratered clay. Man what fun.

I dropped my tire pressures to the recommended amount and even with sub-optimal tires I had quite a bit of grip. Now the sand was still very difficult and I had to relearn to loosen up and guide the bike rather than force it to stay in my line. This method worked much better but it took a while to remember.

I found some cool spots to get some pictures including an abandoned bridge and a really interesting pond with a dirt road/ damn. This day really sealed the deal for me that this bike is a great opportunity to learn to have fun riding. She handled everything like a dream and it is amazing me how quickly my dirt legs are coming back to me.

victorious-backstage