Author Topic: No fuel pump during ignition  (Read 630 times)

Offline snirw

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
No fuel pump during ignition
on: December 18, 2020, 10:06:36 AM
Hi all

Yesterday 2 km from my home (after long driving in the rain), the motorcycle shut down during riding, I immediately use the starter and succeed for a few meters, and then it shut down again.
After I took it home by working I looked if the killing switch has an issue because I didn't hear the fuel pump during ignition.
I use WD40 and click on\off and cleaned all the residue and the ignition was good.
Today I had the same issue but no sound of the fuel pump although I played with the switch.
I open the switch and clean everything and lubricate but failed to ignite the fuel pump (during switch on)

I am wondering if someone has familiarity with these issues or have a lead or what other inspection I should do?

I already checked the:
battery voltage Good
Fuse box          Good
killing switch cleaned and checked by resistance for cuts\shorts

My main diagnostic is that during switch on the fuel pump doesn't turn on

Thanks

Offline snirw

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
Re: No fuel pump during ignition
Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 08:30:13 AM
Other checks:

Fuses Good
Relay fuse Good
Connector to fuel pump Good

Offline liberator

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: CB500Xa
Re: No fuel pump during ignition
Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 07:52:27 AM
I've had the bikes fuel pump not running after I've washed with a pressure sprayer (that's a no no according to Honda). I was a little careless and got the water under the front plastics. Turn on the ignition, no fuel pump whir and no starting. I sat the bike out in the sun for many hours to dry it out and it fired up ok after that. I now only hand wash and rinse off with a hose - no pressure washing around the sensitive parts.
Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 07:54:19 AM by liberator