Author Topic: Rally Raid Level 1 Install & Impressions  (Read 1270 times)

Offline jrosen007

• CB500X Member
  • 2016 CB500X (first bike!)
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X
Re: Rally Raid Level 1 Install & Impressions
Reply #10 on: February 13, 2021, 06:01:01 PM
That's AWESOME!  I highly doubt I'll adventure anything like that.  Mostly on road and a bit of easy trails probably in my future.  Seems like the RRL1 makes a big difference in both.  Thanks!

Offline LightRider

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Honda CB500X '13
Reply #11 on: February 13, 2021, 06:59:58 PM
I don't normally do extreme riding either.  But it's nice to know the bike is fully capable of handling it with the right suspension.  Like you, most of my riding is on the road, with light trails mixed in.  The RR L1 kit makes a surprising difference to the quality of the ride even on pavement!
"Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape!"

Offline CaptCapsize

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: WR450 DL650 500X
Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 02:31:39 AM
I just installed a level 1 kit, front and rear on my 2015.    I took it on the same dirt road both before and after.  Quite a difference, specifically the high speed damping was great after, and non-existent  before.  Also the bike is now sprung for my weight, which also makes a big difference in handling.  For me it will be a easy adventure bike.  I need to install my T-Rex skid plate and radiator guard, after I change the oil.  Also I will double check all the bolt torque setting after this short ride.

The 500X L1 will great for relatively easy stuff.  It is too heavy at my skill level for really challenging terrain.

I have a WR450 for the gnarly stuff. 
"Everyone must believe in something.  I believe I'll have another beer" W.C. Fields

Offline LightRider

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Honda CB500X '13
Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 03:33:52 AM
Very cool, CaptCapsize!  Glad to hear someone else found the L1 kit as excellent an upgrade as I did.  :-)

*Originally Posted by CaptCapsize [+]
I just installed a level 1 kit, front and rear on my 2015.    I took it on the same dirt road both before and after.  Quite a difference, specifically the high speed damping was great after, and non-existent  before.  Also the bike is now sprung for my weight, which also makes a big difference in handling.  For me it will be a easy adventure bike.  I need to install my T-Rex skid plate and radiator guard, after I change the oil.  Also I will double check all the bolt torque setting after this short ride.

The 500X L1 will great for relatively easy stuff.  It is too heavy at my skill level for really challenging terrain.

I have a WR450 for the gnarly stuff.
"Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape!"

victorious-backstage