Author Topic: Parts shortages / touring  (Read 334 times)

Offline Ron V

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
Parts shortages / touring
on: February 20, 2021, 11:36:15 PM
Anyone getting any kind of inside scoop on when the industry in general, and Honda in particular, expects to be back to normal on parts supplies?  Seems like it has improved, but still 1-2 weeks out.  Everything says the stuff is "available", but they need all that time to get it shipped.  I know I waited about 3 weeks for fork bushings when I did a seal job in November.  Was thinking of riding Chicago to California in May, but am a little hesitant because if something happens I could be stuck for weeks.  Thinking maybe just order a waterpump, radiator, hoses, some lenses, and just putting them on the shelf.  That way someone could overnight them to me on the road. 

Seems that anything recreational is still blown out from the big jump in demand and scaled back production last year. 
Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 11:37:17 PM by Ron V
Ron V
2013 CB500X

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Re: Parts shortages / touring
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 03:17:15 PM
Impossible to answer that -when Covid goes away or at lease when it gets to a manageable state things will improve-when that is -dig out your Crystal ball
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline zoomnad

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: 2020 CB500Xabs
Re: Parts shortages / touring
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 01:04:41 PM
I work part time ay a Honda dealership. It is NOT the covid that is slowing things down but the high demand for product! Honda has a 25% increase in sales, way beyond expectation and they can not keep up! As people quit going to vacations, flights, and popular vacations spots that had a downturn, many people turn to ATV's, SxS's, and motorcycles to spend their money. Our dealership has had an increase in sales but we are very low in stock! Hang in there, it will not last forever! 
"You meet the nicest people on a Honda"

victorious-backstage