Author Topic: Engine management light on low battery  (Read 168 times)

Offline Mister Paul

• CB500X Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
Engine management light on low battery
on: April 06, 2021, 01:16:22 PM
Hi

I got the bike out a few weeks ago (after it had sat for a while) and the battery didn't have enough charge to start it. So I bump started it down the road. Then I went out on a ride to recharge the battery and noticed that the engine management light stayed on. At the end of the ride I turned the ignition off and on again and the light went off.

I assumed that the light was related to the low battery. Last week the same thing happened again -bump started bike and light stayed on. I've bought an optimiser and the battery is fine, but the light hasn't gone off despite me going out on the bike a few times.

Am I ok to assume that the light is battery-related again? If so, is there a simple way of resetting it?

Thanks

Offline STOKIE

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2020 CB500X
Re: Engine management light on low battery
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 07:53:52 PM
You will need a paper clip or short link wire to insert in the right terminals on the OBD plug under the seat, you can find which terminals they are if you search the forum, really easy to do.  :152:

Offline Mister Paul

• CB500X Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
Re: Engine management light on low battery
Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 08:24:27 PM
Thanks.

I think I'm sorted. I rode the 20 miles to work this morning. When I started the bike to come home the light had cleared.