Author Topic: CB500X Replacement Fuses  (Read 5897 times)

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God-zilla
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
Re: CB500X Replacement Fuses
Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 07:24:55 PM
*Originally Posted by X-Centric [+]
I think they are called mini blade fuses, the bike comes with some spares. I have copied and pasted this info from http://www.wemoto.com/info/fuses/

Blade Fuses These are also known as ATC, ATM, or ATO fuses and come in standard, mini and maxi varieties. The standard and mini are what can be found on most modern motorcycles.

Standard are just under 20mm wide, mini just over 10mm wide, and they both have the same colour codes:
        3 Amp: Purple
        4 Amp: Pink
        5 Amp: Orange
        7.5 Amp: Brown
        10 Amp: Red
        15 Amp: Blue
        20 Amp: Yellow
        25 Amp: Clear
        30 Amp: Green
    Maxi are about 30mm across and colour coded:
        20 Amp: Yellow
        30 Amp: Green
        40 Amp: Brown
        50 Amp: Red
        60 Amp: Blue
        70 Amp: Purple
        80 Amp: Clear

HTH
:460: Thank you  :460:

Offline Byter

• CB500X Member
Reply #11 on: June 25, 2020, 08:28:17 AM
*Originally Posted by Eddie D [+]
:029: Speaking about fuses, has anybody connected the supply wires directly within the fuse box itself? I want to connect my GPS supply leads with a fuse in the fuse box. On my older bike I connected them directly to the battery terminals but would rather do it the proper way this time.

Anybody ever tried to do this?

In the fuse box of the cb500x there are some unused fuse-slots, which I would like to use for additional fuses.
Unfortunately I could not find the required hardware (the connectros i need to slide in from the downside of the fusebox). Can anyone help me here?

Offline crispenator

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2015 cb500x
Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 08:31:52 AM
I had the same problem the other day yes they are called micro fuses i have just ordered a box from ebay and will keep a series of them in the bike . I wired up a 12 volt plug today the one i have is not as flash as the in dash type but supposed to be waterproof ,i found an unused accessory plug under the seat and checked for a on /off 12 volt wire purple an white was the one as the other was constant power , i used a scotch lock connector about half way between where it sits and the fuse boxes as i didnt want to use a crimp or solder a joint which would have meant cutting the wire and also put in a fuseable joint with 7.5 amp fuse  ,it isnt the greatest of plugs but it will do until i get bored and decide to put one in the dash i chose just a plain cigarette lighter socket as it means i can use the air compressor of it and if i want can get a usb adapter for it later . 

Offline Ruggybuggy

• CB500X Pro
Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 06:05:39 PM
For the fuses you can go to any Toyota dealership and get the right fuse.  They use the exact same configuration.

Please don't use the fuse taps to add circuits.  When you use a fuse tap it spreads the female terminal in the fuse box and prevents you from ever going back to the regular fuse without a tap.

Offline crispenator

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2015 cb500x
Reply #14 on: Today at 01:52:59 AM
When i managed to get mine from an auto parts store that was my next port of call a toyota dealership just round the corner it cost me 7.00 for 5 of em but it got me out of trouble and all fuses replaced so i was prepared to pay that , while i was there i asked about a 17mm hex socket the only one they didnt have grrrrrr someone else must own a honda and beat me to it .

Offline Ruggybuggy

• CB500X Pro
Reply #15 on: Today at 02:17:35 AM
Be very careful using the ebay fuses.  Most on them are very cheaply made.  We tested some of those fuses when I was in Toyota school and most would not blow are the proper amperage.  Some blew before and most blew at a higher amperage. 

victorious-backstage