Author Topic: OP (options plug) connector confusion,lets resolve it.  (Read 138807 times)

Offline fatal

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: CB500x (2019)
Re: OP (options plug) connector confusion,lets resolve it.
Reply #280 on: September 18, 2019, 03:35:58 PM
For those who live in the UK, I have located a source for these sumitomo OP connectors and terminal pins.
Simtek UK Ltd. Daniel street Industrial estate, Whitworth, Rochdale, OL12 8BX.  Tel: 01706 854857

They are very helpful people, you can order over the telephone and collect in person or have item posted. I shall be visiting them the week after next when I get back from holiday.

Offline johnthebigadv

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Reply #281 on: January 22, 2020, 08:00:53 PM
*Originally Posted by EscCtrl [+]
Thanks for the info and pics. That will be helpful.  :062:

So would you be able to plug the 12V accessory  cable into the spare terminal under the left side panel.
CB500X the little motorcycle with a big heart.

Offline bogwheel

• CB500X Newbie
Reply #282 on: June 29, 2020, 02:17:16 AM
*Originally Posted by Tradey [+]
The green and purple wires in this connector are reversed, which could be for the reverse polarity of cigarette lighter circuits universally.  They are switched on the negative earth side, which activates when you push the lighter in to heat.

Excuse my ignorance - So if I am connecting a USB plug here, the positive goes to the ? wire please.

Also, can only get pins and seals in large qty in Aust. and want to install asap. Is it ok to just swap out with a different connector ?

Thanks

Offline liberator

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: CB500Xa
Reply #283 on: June 29, 2020, 03:42:01 AM
I wound up cutting off the existing plug in behind the dash and soldered the USB directly to the cut wires, heat shrunk the solder join. I had to cut off the connectors on the back of the USB as there just was not enough room in the dash to fit. I soldered directly to the back of the USB plug as well. Quite happy how it fitted and looks in the end. This topic certainly helped me. The middle wire, green was the earth/ negative and the blue wire was the switchable (positive) wire, so the USB turns on and off with the ignition.

Offline Old Dog

• CB500X Newbie
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
Reply #284 on: July 18, 2020, 09:47:01 PM
Very useful thread this...

I found the connector pins and grommets on Ebay (UK).
The connectors are listed as  Sumitumo MT 090, make sure you buy the pins not the sockets if you are connecting to the Honda Options plug. Unless you have exactly the right crimp tool I suggest soldering the connections for reliability.

My 2015 X has a 6-way options plug under the seat, rear of the battery, with the choice of switched or unswitched power, and a second 3-way options plug to the right of the instrument display, just behind the RH indicator stalk. Again a switched supply, a headlight high-beam circuit tap probably to run aux lights via a relay, and an earth.

I took the switched feed from the rear Options Plug and split it 3 ways using waterproof automotive connectors again from Ebay, which made a neat job of terminating all my accessories via a fuse.

Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 09:51:26 PM by Old Dog

Offline KennyV

• CB500X Member
Reply #285 on: September 03, 2020, 07:46:04 PM
I just finished making connections to the accessory plug under the seat and the one under the left cowling on 2020 500X. I thought I would share this and hopefully help others. Here in the US I was able to buy what I needed from here, https://store.schnitzracing.com/rsr-connector-kit-2-way-pin-mt-2/
In the picture below the pins on the right are what I needed for the connector under seat. You can buy just the male pins and little rubber wire seals. Just connect the wires to the pins and insert the pins into the exsisting connector. The female pins on the left are what I needed for the connector under the left cowling. They did not offer just the female pins so I bought the kit and just used the pins. Once again I connected the wires to pins and inserted the pins into the existing connector plug.

Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 07:47:18 PM by KennyV
71 Z50 Minitrail, 72 Yamaha RT2 360, 74 Yamaha DT250A, 20 CB500X

Offline bigfoot_05

• CB500X Newbie
Reply #286 on: October 05, 2020, 06:28:00 PM
Hey everyone!

Just registered to thank all of you who contributed to this incredibly informative and helpful thread. Iīv used the information here to install (and make a video about) a USB outlet on my 2019 model.

This information was pretty hard to com across here in Brasil as most of the dealerships donīt know about it and the ones who do know will go out of their way with disinformation to dissuade you from using it (understandable, as they donīt wanna deal with warranty complains from first dime D.I.Y.ers).

That would be ok if Honda made it easy to purchase oficial accessories, but they are not even officially sold here, so people who are not so savvy end up with way worst jerry-rigged solutions.

Anyways, thanks everyone! The whole thing was way quicker then I thought and sumitomo plugs can be purchased in bulk for cheap on AliExpress.

Also here she is next to itīs 300cc ADV baby brother.

Now on to the Fog-lights! hahaha

Offline Swanny

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 20 500X & CB1300
Reply #287 on: October 05, 2020, 07:13:21 PM
Good to see the Brazilian paintwork  :028:
Life... It's Just a Ride  :305: