Author Topic: OP (options plug) connector confusion,lets resolve it.  (Read 146590 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline CBRDEAN0

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 140
  • Country: gb
Re: OP (options plug) connector confusion,lets resolve it.
Reply #290 on: November 18, 2020, 06:14:22 PM
*Originally Posted by Spadger2 [+]
Thanks to everyone for the very useul information in this thread.
I've just ordered a genuine Honda 12v cigarette lighter plug,Honda part number 08U70-MKP-D80.
Once mounted in the blanked hole provided,I'm assuming it's just a matter of plug and play into the mid OP on left side under the fairing on my 2020 CB500X.
Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks

Correct.
And if you want to add more accessories you can buy this splitter lead to give you another option plug.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CBR650R-Accessory-Options-Power-Outlet-1-into-2-TWIN-POWER-SPLITTER-SET/283690501493?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Offline Spadger2

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 64
  • Country: gb
Re: OP (options plug) connector confusion,lets resolve it.
Reply #291 on: November 18, 2020, 06:52:12 PM
CBRDEANO
Thanks for the confirmation and the link tovthe two way splitter.

What a great resource this forum is with such very friendly and knowledgeable people :763:

Online andy12345

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Country: gb
Re: OP (options plug) connector confusion,lets resolve it.
Reply #292 on: November 26, 2020, 01:30:42 PM
*Originally Posted by EscCtrl [+]
I haven't had my hands on a 2019. The '16-'18 models have LED headlights too. Honda may have omitted the blue headlight wire due to some mix-ups and people running aux lights off the blue wire and blowing the LED headlight driver. It is OK to use the blue wire on the pre '19 models to trigger a relay for the aux lights. It maybe possible that Honda added another OP.

The 2019 uk model for the cb500f has the 2 pin connector under the seat, and a smaller 2 pin connector under the front cowl. Both are 12v switched with the ignition.

Which is what stopped my lighting plans. Now that the blue high beam wire isnít in the front cowl, how do I go about wiring the relay for  aux lights to work with the high beam switch?

Would I have to splice into the high beam wiring harness somewhere else. Near the fuse box perhaps?

Offline Oyabun

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 686
  • Bike: 13 500XA, 16 FA
  • Country: hu
Re: OP (options plug) connector confusion,lets resolve it.
Reply #293 on: November 26, 2020, 03:13:38 PM
*Originally Posted by andy12345 [+]
The 2019 uk model for the cb500f has the 2 pin connector under the seat, and a smaller 2 pin connector under the front cowl. Both are 12v switched with the ignition.

Which is what stopped my lighting plans. Now that the blue high beam wire isnít in the front cowl, how do I go about wiring the relay for  aux lights to work with the high beam switch?

Would I have to splice into the high beam wiring harness somewhere else. Near the fuse box perhaps?
2019 models have 3 OP all together.
On top of what you have counted for, there is an additional one under the front cowl (I believe the small 12V ACC only is on the left, and the one with the blue high beam trigger wire is on the right), so keep on searching for it. No need to splice into the harness.
Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 03:16:06 PM by Oyabun

Online andy12345

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Country: gb
Re: OP (options plug) connector confusion,lets resolve it.
Reply #294 on: November 26, 2020, 03:20:07 PM
Great thanks, this is for a CB500F, not the x.
Am I supposed to be looking just behind the led headlight cluster. This is the front cowl?


Offline Oyabun

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 686
  • Bike: 13 500XA, 16 FA
  • Country: hu
Re: OP (options plug) connector confusion,lets resolve it.
Reply #295 on: November 26, 2020, 03:37:16 PM
You see, I was trigger happy - I didn't pay attention to your first line, and assumed the question is about an 500x.

Bad news, 500f bikes never had a headlight trigger under the cowl, so you really have to find something there.

The instrument cluster has a Hbeam signal wire, and an automotive relay can be fitted under the cowl.

Online andy12345

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Country: gb
Re: OP (options plug) connector confusion,lets resolve it.
Reply #296 on: November 26, 2020, 04:05:51 PM
*Originally Posted by Oyabun [+]
You see, I was trigger happy - I didn't pay attention to your first line, and assumed the question is about an 500x.

Bad news, 500f bikes never had a headlight trigger under the cowl, so you really have to find something there.

The instrument cluster has a Hbeam signal wire, and an automotive relay can be fitted under the cowl.

Good to know thanks. Saves me pulling the bike apart again. Iíve got the lights wired to a switch I added to the bars, but itís awkward to use that and the high beam switch together. Especially on twisty roads at night and needing to dip the lights for oncoming cars whilst pulling the clutch lever.

There is no blue wire going into the headlight fuse. This is where the relay was going to be easiest for me to wire up.

Edit: now that Iím looking closer. There is a 8 pin connector under the seat also with a spare plug on the other end. Only has 5 wires. Which are

Purple
Purple/white
Red/black
Green
Green/white

Is this any use?
Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 04:19:48 PM by andy12345

Offline Oyabun

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 686
  • Bike: 13 500XA, 16 FA
  • Country: hu
Re: OP (options plug) connector confusion,lets resolve it.
Reply #297 on: November 26, 2020, 04:28:27 PM
Nope, that is the ABS diagnostic port used at the factory to prime and test abs functions without even installing a battery.
You see Mey previous picture on the connections to the Speedo unit. There is a black wire what is the High beam signal wire.

Online andy12345

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Country: gb
Re: OP (options plug) connector confusion,lets resolve it.
Reply #298 on: November 26, 2020, 07:41:38 PM
*Originally Posted by Oyabun [+]
Nope, that is the ABS diagnostic port...

I have direct messaged you, as weíre going off topic a bit.

Offline bigfoot_05

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: br
Re: OP (options plug) connector confusion,lets resolve it.
Reply #299 on: November 29, 2020, 10:57:42 PM
*Originally Posted by andy12345 [+]
Good to know thanks. Saves me pulling the bike apart again. Iíve got the lights wired to a switch I added to the bars, but itís awkward to use that and the high beam switch together. Especially on twisty roads at night and needing to dip the lights for oncoming cars whilst pulling the clutch lever.

There is no blue wire going into the headlight fuse. This is where the relay was going to be easiest for me to wire up.

Edit: now that Iím looking closer. There is a 8 pin connector under the seat also with a spare plug on the other end. Only has 5 wires. Which are

Purple
Purple/white
Red/black
Green
Green/white

Is this any use?

You can always just open up the left hand light switch and solder another wire on the hi-beam switch terminal. Thats how Iīv done it on my XRE300.

You will need a longer wire, but it can be a thin one, as it is only going to be used to activate a relay, and it is still easier then dismantling the bike looking for a hi-beam feed somewhere else.

 



victorious-backstage