Author Topic: Out and About - Random Picture Thread  (Read 122063 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline johnthebigadv

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 168
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • Country: gb
Re: Out and About - Random Picture Thread
Reply #670 on: September 16, 2020, 04:57:39 PM
Just some more pics from Mondays ride out





Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 05:00:43 PM by johnthebigadv
CB500X the little motorcycle with a big heart.

Offline Nick of Time

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 32
  • Newbie
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X
  • Country: au
Re: Out and About - Random Picture Thread
Reply #671 on: September 19, 2020, 10:14:11 PM
Took my 500X for a quick overnight camping trip. Typical Queensland tropics - a gorgeous sunset, crocodile warnings, and a downpour.





Late developer

Offline manray

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 174
  • Bike: CB500X
  • Country: gb
Re: Out and About - Random Picture Thread
Reply #672 on: September 20, 2020, 03:49:47 AM
Last ride and camp of the year:






Offline DHCBX

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 159
  • Bike: CB500X 20MY
  • Country: gb
Re: Out and About - Random Picture Thread
Reply #673 on: September 20, 2020, 08:43:21 PM
*Originally Posted by manray [+]
Last ride and camp of the year:



Are they Mitas E-07's on your bike? How do you find them?????

Offline manray

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 174
  • Bike: CB500X
  • Country: gb
Re: Out and About - Random Picture Thread
Reply #674 on: September 20, 2020, 10:13:41 PM
Yes, Mitas E-07 front and rear.  I like them as a high mileage 50/50 RTW type tire.  Front tire does hum on the freeway.  I have just over 13,000 kms on this set and there is plenty of tread left.  For a long wearing adventure type tire, on road grip in wet and dry asphalt is very good.  Grip in gravel is also very good.  Sand is the tires achilles heel.  For me, any dry sand more than 2" deep and there isn't much traction.  Last week, I made the mistake of going too slow down an unknown hill that was loose, sandy and rocky (trying to pick the right line) and the front wheel washed out.  For my next set of tires, I might try a Mitas E-07 rear with a Mitas E-10 (knobby 30/70) front.  Otherwise, I have no issue buying another set of E-07 front and rear since they cover most of the roads I ride.

Offline veriest1

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 50
  • Country: us
Re: Out and About - Random Picture Thread
Reply #675 on: September 21, 2020, 02:36:19 AM
*Originally Posted by Nick of Time [+]
Took my 500X for a quick overnight camping trip. Typical Queensland tropics - a gorgeous sunset, crocodile warnings, and a downpour.





Stunning sunset!

And a nice bike too.

Offline DHCBX

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 159
  • Bike: CB500X 20MY
  • Country: gb
Re: Out and About - Random Picture Thread
Reply #676 on: September 21, 2020, 07:28:53 PM
*Originally Posted by manray [+]
Yes, Mitas E-07 front and rear.  I like them as a high mileage 50/50 RTW type tire.  Front tire does hum on the freeway.  I have just over 13,000 kms on this set and there is plenty of tread left.  For a long wearing adventure type tire, on road grip in wet and dry asphalt is very good.  Grip in gravel is also very good.  Sand is the tires achilles heel.  For me, any dry sand more than 2" deep and there isn't much traction.  Last week, I made the mistake of going too slow down an unknown hill that was loose, sandy and rocky (trying to pick the right line) and the front wheel washed out.  For my next set of tires, I might try a Mitas E-07 rear with a Mitas E-10 (knobby 30/70) front.  Otherwise, I have no issue buying another set of E-07 front and rear since they cover most of the roads I ride.

 :762: Thank you......! greatly appreciated, nowhere near new tyres yet but if i keep venturing off road then i may upgrade sooner rather than later.

Offline Swanny

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1048
  • Bike: 20 500X & CB1300
  • Country: england
Re: Out and About - Random Picture Thread
Reply #677 on: September 21, 2020, 07:40:50 PM
*Originally Posted by DHCBX [+]
:762: Thank you......! greatly appreciated, nowhere near new tyres yet but if i keep venturing off road then i may upgrade sooner rather than later.

I'm thinking of upgrading my tyres, they've only done 2,000 miles but are wearing quickly and are rubbish anyway
Life... It's Just a Ride  :305:

Offline johnthebigadv

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 168
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
  • Country: gb
Re: Out and About - Random Picture Thread
Reply #678 on: September 22, 2020, 01:26:25 PM
Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 01:37:14 PM by johnthebigadv
CB500X the little motorcycle with a big heart.

Offline CNRED

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 23
  • Bike: CB500x
  • Country: us
Re: Out and About - Random Picture Thread
Reply #679 on: September 22, 2020, 02:03:39 PM
A real "CBX".