Author Topic: Out and About - Random Picture Thread  (Read 141041 times)

Offline John1411

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2016 in red
Re: Out and About - Random Picture Thread
Reply #780 on: January 11, 2021, 09:13:11 AM
*Originally Posted by motorboy [+]
I was informed just awhile ago that the vaccine will be available for my age group starting 1/4/21-so maybe a small light at the end of a very long tunnel

Just have to hope that the small light isn't an express train hurtling towards you  :005:

Hopefully the vaccines will reduce the horrendous death toll / work for health workers. And, give us a bit more normal normality.

Online Swanny

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 20 500X & CB1300
Reply #781 on: January 11, 2021, 10:09:26 AM
Looks colder in black and white  :190:
I hope you stocked up on whiskey while you were there, our Orwellian overlords are going to ban alcohol very soon  :151:
Life... It's Just a Ride  :305:

Offline Steve T

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: CB5X,F8GS,600Alp
Reply #782 on: January 11, 2021, 11:26:28 AM
*Originally Posted by Swanny [+]
Looks colder in black and white  :190:
Does make it look colder than it was - a balmy 1 degree  C  :062:

*Originally Posted by Swanny [+]
I hope you stocked up on whiskey while you were there, our Orwellian overlords are going to ban alcohol very soon  :151:
Don't touch the stuff meself   :012:.
Just at the top of the picture you can see the top of the new distillery - youngest sons first job when he moved from the oil industry to work for Chivas was to program the controls system for that distillery. With his company discount he has a growing collection of rare bottles gathering value  :152:

Steve T

:018:
British Born
Raised in Wales
Living in Scotland
Still British 1st though

Offline adamSFO

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: 2021 CB500X
Reply #783 on: January 12, 2021, 05:26:50 PM
On Sunday I went for a nice long (230mi) day ride on my '21 CB500x to hit up some semi-nearby back roads.  After a somewhat dull 90mi north from San Francisco on US101 (made more exciting by nearly running out of gas - how much fuel does the "reserve" hold, anyways?), I hit up Geysers Rd. outside of Cloverdale

It was alternately drizzly and heavy fog, and save for a dozen hardy bicyclists, there was absolutely nobody around.

With the fog, I didn't get to see the views that are supposedly very good, nor the many geothermal power plants dotting the area (fun fact - this area is the world's largest geothermal power field), but the fog creates a moody coziness of its own, and with nobody else on the road, felt safe enough (I wouldn't have been happy to ride in these conditions with other traffic around).

Got a few breaks in the fog/clouds and down into Napa Valley.

Wherein there are grapes.  Lots and lots of grapes.

After a lovely and quick trip south through Alexander and Napa valleys, it was over Oakdale Grade and down Cavedale Rd into Sonoma valley.   

Cavedale "road" is a bit of a joke, surface-wise - just like the photo below for all of its 7 mile length.  Glad to have a decent bit of suspension travel, as it was needed/used!

As it was a little chilly (48F-55F mostly), I was happy to have brought some warm parmesan dumpling soup I'd made the previous night.  I enjoyed it, and then headed home through Sonoma.

This was my longest moto ride, and I enjoyed it tremendously.  Just need to sort out visor/glasses fogging, which was pretty terrible throughout.  My '21 CB500X has broken in nicely, and I think I'm just about done with tinkering/accessories.  Hoping for dry(ish) weather to continue so I can do more rides like this!

I hope 2021 is treating you all well so far.

Offline KennyV

• CB500X Pro
Reply #784 on: January 12, 2021, 05:58:16 PM
Great pictures!  :763:
71 Z50 Minitrail, 72 Yamaha RT2 360, 74 Yamaha DT250A, 20 CB500X

Offline xno.06

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: CB500XA - 2017
Reply #785 on: January 12, 2021, 07:19:02 PM
*Originally Posted by adamSFO [+]
how much fuel does the "reserve" hold, anyways?

The manual for my 2017 specifies 2.8 l (0.74 gal) of reserve, for a total tank capacity of 17.5 l (4.6 gal).
Xavier.

Offline ncroadtoad

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
Reply #786 on: January 13, 2021, 12:03:41 PM
Nice pics adam, thanks for sharing them. I've only visited the SF area a couple times and your foggy pictures look like "condition normal" to me  :008:
Good luck sorting out the fogging glasses/visor problems, especially in those conditions. That's the eternal aggravation of motorcyclists. 
Just damn happy to be here...