Search

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2016: gearshift improvements?  (Read 6247 times)

Offline Pocketpete

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2017
  • City / Town: Gee Cross
Re: 2016: gearshift improvements?
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2018, 06:48:40 PM »
I have the 2016 ABS version (uk) with the updated gear change. I have never been quite happy with the gear change. Mostly quite smooth but every now and then becomes clunky and struggles to change.
I snapped my pedal off and had to put the back one as a temporary measure till the new honda one arrived. Not being the same size and sitting in a difference position I experienced a few problems changing gear so I realised if I place my boot in a difference position changes were extremely smooth.

Eventually the new pedal arrived and normal service was resumed generally smooth but everynow and then clunky. Hmm. I placed a go pro camera over the pedal and recorded my gears changes and I realised my foot is quite big (Size 11) uk and my daytona boots have a pad to stop wear and tear. I could see on some changes the pedal is hardly under my boot sometimes just touchine the last cm of the pedal.

I then started to really forced my foot tight under the pedal tight alongside the bike. Suddenly very smooth changes. I have since welded a 3 cm extension bolt on the end of the pedal not idea but perfect changes everytime.

Online Dukie

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Cb500x
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2018, 07:42:59 PM »
Honestly my13 gearbox is great, my 17 seems to shift just as well but . Maybe Rossi could tell the difference but I can't.
My engine feels like it has more torque 2-5k but I don't believe it actually does.
Does anyone actually know what changes were made?
Sold:  '13 Rally Raid lvl 3.
own:  '17  Rally Raid lvl 1

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
  • Wrecked Wrench Motorcyclist
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500XT
  • City / Town: Upstate, SC USA
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2018, 02:38:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dukie [+]
Honestly my13 gearbox is great, my 17 seems to shift just as well but . Maybe Rossi could tell the difference but I can't.
My engine feels like it has more torque 2-5k but I don't believe it actually does.
Does anyone actually know what changes were made?

I have a thread with the parts list of changes. I'll try to find it and post it.
Artist also known as ben2go.
Current bikes
Six=Suzuki GS500,'00 V Star Classic,'14 CB500X farkled out nicely.
I rescue neglected and battered motorcycles.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
  • Wrecked Wrench Motorcyclist
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500XT
  • City / Town: Upstate, SC USA
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2018, 02:39:46 AM »
Artist also known as ben2go.
Current bikes
Six=Suzuki GS500,'00 V Star Classic,'14 CB500X farkled out nicely.
I rescue neglected and battered motorcycles.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage