Author Topic: Fuel gauge failure indication  (Read 4793 times)

Offline UnmzldOx

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2014 CB500X

Offline FREDOMETEO

• CB500X Newbie
Re: Fuel gauge failure indication
Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 02:34:58 PM
Thank you for replies !!!

Offline Catecas

• CB500X Newbie
Reply #12 on: September 30, 2020, 09:15:03 PM
Hi there,

I've had the same issue for the past few years and finally decided to have a look at it  :001:

Thank you guys for the advice, I found the exact same issue !
After removing all the side panels and the tank (empty), I took out the pump and found the black wire unplugged (see pics).
Brazed it and it worked perfectly  :152:

Ride safe !!

------------------------
Problème d'indicateur du niveau d'essence.
Après avoir enlevé les carénages et le réservoir préalablement vidé, j'ai sorti la pompe à essence et j'ai trouvé le fil noir cassé au niveau de la cosse. Plus qu'à ressouder et le tour est joué  :046:

Online Aggie95

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: '14 CB500X
Reply #13 on: October 09, 2020, 05:48:19 PM
*Originally Posted by Catecas [+]
Hi there,

I've had the same issue for the past few years and finally decided to have a look at it  :001:

Thank you guys for the advice, I found the exact same issue !
After removing all the side panels and the tank (empty), I took out the pump and found the black wire unplugged (see pics).
Brazed it and it worked perfectly  :152:

Ride safe !!

------------------------
Problème d'indicateur du niveau d'essence.
Après avoir enlevé les carénages et le réservoir préalablement vidé, j'ai sorti la pompe à essence et j'ai trouvé le fil noir cassé au niveau de la cosse. Plus qu'à ressouder et le tour est joué  :046:

I hope you moved that plastic sleeve up and over the solder joint.  I'm sure that the plastic sleeve is a reinforcement for the connection and was errantly not placed over the connection during manufacture.  It appears to be completely missing from everyone else's pics, but that is why the black wire is always the one to break from vibration.  The red wire has the reinforcement in place and seems to never break!  Some shrink tubing, or a couple of layers of shrink tubing, would help prevent a repeat of this failure.

After reading this thread, the next time I have my tank off, I will check this connection and remedy it if I find the sleeve missing.  Thanks guys for the heads up!

1971-1973: '67 CL77 (305 Scrambler), Sold, because my wife said to...
2018: '14 CB500X, The dream bike of my youth!  Thanks, Son