Author Topic: Bad news/Good news At least I know now.  (Read 5253 times)

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God-zilla
  • Topic Author
Bad news/Good news At least I know now.
on: July 29, 2017, 06:54:18 PM
Yesterday, I had a doctors appointment. I've been under going tests for the past four months for some very odd health issues that have plagued me since I was a child. I'm 40 now.

The doctor gave me some bad news and some good news. He has diagnosed me with a tumor on my pituitary gland. That's the bad news. The good news is, the tumor seems to be benign. He expects that I should make a full recovery. Unfortunately, most of next week will be more testing to figure out how large the tumor is and if it's stable. He also needs to know if it has attached itself to my spinal cord or brain. I won't know for a few weeks until the doctor gets the test results back.

The current plan is to use medications to shrink the tumor into non-existence. If that does not work, then my other option is surgery. I don't like the thoughts of surgery. If it comes to that, they will do it through the front and/or side of my neck. It's the least risky way and it would be an orthoscopic surgery.

I am happy to finally figure out why I've had all these odd random health problems through out my life. Now I am ready to take care of this and move on to a better healthier future.

Offline AJC500

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X ABS
Re: Bad news/Good news At least I know now.
Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 07:17:25 PM
What a shock for you, but medication and medical techniques are so advanced now, and you seem to be getting very detailed advice.

I wish you all the best.

ALEX.
The Story So Far.........
2017-2019: 12000mls recreational use - 89.73mpg UK; 74.72mpg US; 3.15litres/100km

Offline DaMonk45

• Non Active
  • CB500X Member
Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 07:33:00 PM
Good LUCK!!

I hope for the best possible outcomes!

Offline Defender

• CB500X God-zilla
  • Bike: Yamaha YBR
Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 08:00:48 PM
Tough luck, but let's hope the meds do the job. Benign's the keyword , though it probably doesn't fee very benign, and I know what you mean about surgery, I need some spinal, when they get round to it. But you're only young and have the resilience to get through it..
Best wishes for a positive and speedy outcome
If I can help somebody as I go along, then my living has not been in vain.

Offline jsonder

• CB500X God
  • Bike: Honda CB500XA
Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 11:23:21 PM
*Originally Posted by EscCtrl [+]
I am happy to finally figure out why I've had all these odd random health problems through out my life. Now I am ready to take care of this and move on to a better healthier future.

Attitude is half of the battle, and your attitude is very good.  I hope that you will use the forum for additional motorcycle stimulation while medical situation gets resolved. 
John  '14CB500XA (Daily Rider),  '09CRF230L (L'il Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold)
Nekkid motorcycles feel faster

Offline CB-500-X

• CB500X God-zilla
  • Bike: 2014 CB 500 X
Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 02:41:11 AM
Well at least you know whats going on now.....Best of luck brother. I'm sure everyone's pulling for you... This too shall pass. You're going to be fine. :002:

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God-zilla
  • Topic Author
Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 03:26:52 PM
Thank you all. I will be around the forum. It may be a few days between visits tho. I'll try to stay  :188: through this.

Offline Bern_Grt

• CB500X Pro
Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 04:27:07 PM
Wishing you all the best for the treatment and if all else fails...
... I'm sure this sort of tool would get through the average adult's nostrils to go and grab the blasted thing  :005:  :156:  :125:
Bern.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God-zilla
  • Topic Author
Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 10:59:36 PM
*Originally Posted by Bern_Grt [+]
Wishing you all the best for the treatment and if all else fails...
... I'm sure this sort of tool would get through the average adult's nostrils to go and grab the blasted thing  :005:  :156:  :125:

Before  :046:

and

after  :125:

Offline HerrDeacon

• CB500X God
Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 12:20:46 AM
*Originally Posted by CB-500-X [+]
Well at least you know whats going on now.

Yes, I totally agree, must be a big relief to finally know what is going on. We're all pulling for you.

victorious-backstage