Author Topic: SW-Motech question about side racks  (Read 4354 times)

Offline manray

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: CB500X
Re: SW-Motech question about side racks
Reply #20 on: April 29, 2020, 02:00:12 PM
*Originally Posted by Rogalik_Gr [+]
here i want to ask about this racks (carriers), actually whole the set.
before you fit it, did you have the original honda side handles for passanger or the original "tail" with can hold the top case? why i am asking... from the begining i taked out the handles for passenger and put the original honda "tail" as a holder for top case. Very solid and nice btw. I put Givi top case on that rack. now i bought SW Trax adv side cases and evo side carriers for them. and here appears a problem :
the bases where the side carriers must be hold (inside, under the seet) can't be used for fit the original "tail" i already have. or if we look from different side - the SW carriers can't be fit on original honda bases.
any comments wellcome.

The Honda passenger hand rails need to be removed to fit the SW motech side racks.  The Honda OEM tail rack will NOT fit with the SW Motech side racks.  If you are using the SW Motech side racks and want to fit your GIVI top box, you will need the SW Motech ALU tail rack (this has been discontinued) or the new SW Motech Street Rack and an adaptor plate to fit your GIVI top box.  SW Motech sells adaptor plates to fit both the Givi monolock or monokey version top boxes.

Offline Rogalik_Gr

• CB500X Member
Reply #21 on: April 29, 2020, 09:22:17 PM
thank you for information. So, my fear is real. that made me angry.  :232:
The Honda OEM tail rack is much more solid and beautiful than SW.  :138:  i paid it when bought the bike and i don't want to pay again for another tail rack + adaptor ... i am thinking to seek a way to combine them...

Offline Rogalik_Gr

• CB500X Member
Reply #22 on: May 01, 2020, 10:44:44 AM
I took some pictures with issue  :086:

victorious-backstage