Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Offset front wheel  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Prestone

• CB500X Member
  • bikes, boobs and guns, what more do i need
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X/ZRX1200R
  • City / Town: Silkeborg
Re: Offset front wheel
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 11:47:22 AM »
Okay, so far so good, im glad im not the only one with this issue, which would have been really odd...

It is an easy fix, ill have to take a closer look at it but the fix will be something like this.

Lets say its 8mm of to the right.

4mm of the left spacer in a lathe.
Make 4mm spacer on the lathe for the right side.
Make 4mm spacer plate for the caliper bracket.

This should do the trick so things are in the centerline of the bike :)

Any how i am a bit dissapointed that such a fine, and expensive kit has such an error in it and i hope it has been corrected in the later versions (my kit is from late 2016 according to guy who bought it from new)

Offline panterg

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: honda cb 500 x
  • City / Town: blackpool
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2018, 09:50:47 PM »
Hi , With mine the wheel offset wasn't right - that's the reason it went back to RR . I also had a problem with the rear wheel , as the bearing hadn't been pressed in fully - so the spacer in the middle wouldn't stay in place , sorted that ourselves .
pantera

Offline manray

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Puerto Escondido
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 05:52:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by Prestone [+]
My front wheel is offset about 10mm to the right, both the RR spacers that came with the wheels are exactly the same dimensions... is that normal for the stock bike, and for the RR kit ? I dont have another bike to measure it against, and It seems kinda weird to me.

Was going to order the wheels but will wait to see how this is resolved.  Thanks for bringing this problem forward.

Online Lysdexic

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA
  • City / Town: Chiang Mai
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 03:20:13 AM »
Isn't there someone from Rally Raid on this board frequently?
I'm shocked there's been no reply from them.

Offline Prestone

• CB500X Member
  • bikes, boobs and guns, what more do i need
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X/ZRX1200R
  • City / Town: Silkeborg
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 04:05:59 AM »
Just heard from John from Rally Raid, he told me that the problem was not the spacing of the wheel, but the offset in rim/hub relation, he offerd me that they would take the wheel in and correct it, i suppose it means that it would be re lased and centered that way...

Offline trailboss

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X RRL3
  • City / Town: Reedley, CA
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 03:02:53 PM »
Same problem with mine. Bought my kit in Fall of 2017. I would have expected better quality for the money spent. Not as easy or cheap for me to send back from the US. Just looks like crap...... off by 1/4".
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
― Helen Keller

Online Lysdexic

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA
  • City / Town: Chiang Mai
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 12:51:47 AM »
How in the world can that be 'corrected'?
How does one shift a hub on a wheel?
It would need replaced, I would think.

*Originally Posted by trailboss [+]
Same problem with mine. Bought my kit in Fall of 2017. I would have expected better quality for the money spent. Not as easy or cheap for me to send back from the US. Just looks like crap...... off by 1/4".

Offline Oyabun

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 500XA, 16 FA
  • City / Town: Europe
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 01:52:42 AM »
The rim has to be relaced to the hub. or rather the spokes readjusted. Same way many dirt bikes and most of derailleur type bicycle rear wheels are laced offset by default.
It is actually not difficult, but if one has no experience in lacing and adjusting a spoke wheel - then it is a major job.

Offline manray

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Puerto Escondido
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 05:33:17 AM »
*Originally Posted by trailboss [+]

The wheels are not cheap and they should be delivered to you perfect.  You should contact RR and have them provide you a return shipping label to ship the wheels back on their dime.  This is their error and you should not be out more money to correct their mistake.

Offline trailboss

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X RRL3
  • City / Town: Reedley, CA
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2018, 06:51:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by manray [+]
The wheels are not cheap and they should be delivered to you perfect.  You should contact RR and have them provide you a return shipping label to ship the wheels back on their dime.  This is their error and you should not be out more money to correct their mistake.

I have sent an inquiry to RRP and am waiting for a response.
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
― Helen Keller

Recent Topics