Author Topic: Lower Foot Pegs  (Read 3200 times)

Offline bcpolaris11

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CB500x
Lower Foot Pegs
on: June 07, 2018, 04:51:00 AM
Well I installed the lowering foot peg kit from Moto Werk. I also changed the footpeg with a SW-MOTECH ION Dual Position Foot Peg Kit. "Bought the footpeg from twistedthrottle" and bought the Moto Werk lowering kit from Moto Werk. Both arrived within a day of each other. :001:
The fitment was excellent and has taken the pressure off my knees and when standing I'm at the perfect position with the bars. I nolonger have to lean over and get a sore back. 

Offline 2Bpencil

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2016 CB500XA
Re: Lower Foot Pegs
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 04:50:48 PM
Did you have to adjust the gear and foot brake pedal positions with the lowered pegs? If so, is that easy to do?

Offline ThirtyOne

• CB500X God
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 10:30:29 PM
Thanks for sharing. I'm currently in the process of fitting the bike to me. The lowering kit is on my radar.

Nice pics.

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 10:31:07 PM
*Originally Posted by 2Bpencil [+]
Did you have to adjust the gear and foot brake pedal positions with the lowered pegs? If so, is that easy to do?
d
the gear shifter is straightforward...loosed one (or both) of the heim joint locknuts and turn the rod...the shifter will raise or lower depending which way you turn it.

The rear brake lever has no adjuster to speak of, but you can lengthen/shorten the stroke of the piston relative to the pedal which has the same effect. Normally, you'd loosen the lock nut and turn the clevis pin bracket...not had cause to do it on the X so I may be wrong.

Offline Wuyang

• CB500X Newbie
Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 12:13:32 PM
Didnít know they did peg lowering kits for the Cb500x.......thatís great news. I knew they did them for the vstrom which has less seat to peg room than the cb. How much lower are the pegs?
Cheers
Wuyang

Offline grewen

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 09:48:57 PM
i bought some of these myself. nicely made but, their instructions warned not to put your full weight on one peg. this didn't inspire confidence. i would hate to loose a peg while standing 
Greg
2019 honda cb500x
2020 yamaha tw200
2018 honda grom

Offline BradB

• CB500X Member
Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 12:20:40 PM
Any update on the peg lowering kit from anyone? I am interested in doing this and hoping the kit from Motowork is still recommended. Thanks in advance.
BMW R1200GS + Honda CB500X + BMW G310GS + Porsche Carrera 4S + Porsche Carrera S + Porsche Macan GTS + Audi TTS

Offline motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Reply #7 on: December 18, 2020, 04:05:30 PM
*Originally Posted by BradB [+]
Any update on the peg lowering kit from anyone? I am interested in doing this and hoping the kit from Motowork is still recommended. Thanks in advance.
I had a pair and will say there OK nothing more and would never stand up using them -if you would see them you would under stand why-I think pegs built lowered and made of steel would be a much better option
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline BradB

• CB500X Member
Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 05:09:35 PM
*Originally Posted by motorboy [+]
I had a pair and will say there OK nothing more and would never stand up using them -if you would see them you would under stand why-I think pegs built lowered and made of steel would be a much better option

Thank you for your honest feedback.  :020: I wonít get them right away, then. Iíll make sure I absolutely need them first and still keep my eyes open for stronger options.
Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 05:10:08 PM by BradB
BMW R1200GS + Honda CB500X + BMW G310GS + Porsche Carrera 4S + Porsche Carrera S + Porsche Macan GTS + Audi TTS