Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bought a 2016 with 6500 miles. What should I do?  (Read 415 times)

Online Wilde

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 RR CB500X
  • City / Town: West Covina
Bought a 2016 with 6500 miles. What should I do?
« on: June 12, 2018, 10:51:12 PM »
Just bought a 2016 with 6500 miles. Not sure of the service history. Motor starts and sounds perfect. Tires and chain look good. Shocks look good. I know the oil change is supposed to happen at 8,000 miles but I think I may as well just do that now. I plan on checking and probably replacing the air filter.

What other maintenance items should I take care of before I start using it?

Offline CB500X

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bought a 2016 with 6500 miles. What should I do?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 11:49:07 PM »
Probably not much, just visual checks all round. As you don't know the service history then oil and filter is probably a good idea for piece of mind.

Otherwise, ride it and enjoy  :152:

Online motorboy

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Cajun Country
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 03:01:09 AM »
If it were mine other than giving it a good look over- I would change oil and filter- clean lube and adjust chain- check tire pressure- check clutch free play-that's all I can think of- would not mess with the air filter
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
  • Wrecked Wrench Motorcyclist
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500XT
  • City / Town: Upstate, SC USA
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 01:10:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by Wilde [+]
Just bought a 2016 with 6500 miles. Not sure of the service history. Motor starts and sounds perfect. Tires and chain look good. Shocks look good. I know the oil change is supposed to happen at 8,000 miles but I think I may as well just do that now. I plan on checking and probably replacing the air filter.

What other maintenance items should I take care of before I start using it?

SELL IT NOW! before you get completely sucked in. Well damn! Too late. You already bought in. Your dreams and daily life will never be the same. The CB-X will consume your dreams and every waking thought. You'll catch yourself daydreaming while going about your day. It will cause you to walk into walls and poles. No turning back now. Check the air filter and see if it looks dirty inside. Change the oil to be on the safe side. Check the coolant level in the tank under the bike. Then go ride the wheels off of it.

You poor unsuspecting rider. It owns your soul.........

:745:
Artist also known as ben2go.
Current bikes
Six=Suzuki GS500,'00 V Star Classic,'14 CB500X farkled out nicely.
I rescue neglected and battered motorcycles.

Online Wilde

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 RR CB500X
  • City / Town: West Covina
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 02:15:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by EscCtrl [+]
SELL IT NOW! before you get completely sucked in. Well damn! Too late. You already bought in. Your dreams and daily life will never be the same. The CB-X will consume your dreams and every waking thought. You'll catch yourself daydreaming while going about your day. It will cause you to walk into walls and poles. No turning back now. Check the air filter and see if it looks dirty inside. Change the oil to be on the safe side. Check the coolant level in the tank under the bike. Then go ride the wheels off of it.

You poor unsuspecting rider. It owns your soul.........

:745:

Dude, you have no idea. Four months ago I weighed 48lbs more than I do right now. I have 19lbs to go to get to my "goal" weight, at which point I will reward myself with the CB500x (which I've already bought). The initial deal I made with myself was to wait till I got to my goal weight before buying the bike... but I couldn't pass up on a sweet 2016 with the full Rally Raid kit. I'm not letting myself ride it until I get to my goal, so now I have even more motivation to burn off the last 19lbs. It's almost torture seeing it every day.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
  • Wrecked Wrench Motorcyclist
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500XT
  • City / Town: Upstate, SC USA
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 03:56:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wilde [+]
Dude, you have no idea. Four months ago I weighed 48lbs more than I do right now. I have 19lbs to go to get to my "goal" weight, at which point I will reward myself with the CB500x (which I've already bought). The initial deal I made with myself was to wait till I got to my goal weight before buying the bike... but I couldn't pass up on a sweet 2016 with the full Rally Raid kit. I'm not letting myself ride it until I get to my goal, so now I have even more motivation to burn off the last 19lbs. It's almost torture seeing it every day.

:062: I have about 70lbs left to lose. It's been a real slow process with many setbacks.
Artist also known as ben2go.
Current bikes
Six=Suzuki GS500,'00 V Star Classic,'14 CB500X farkled out nicely.
I rescue neglected and battered motorcycles.

Offline Celeste1178

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
  • City / Town: Yulee, Florida
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 12:09:41 AM »
Great job on the progress so far!! That first ride is gonna be awesome! Be sure to keep us posted :)

Recent Topics