Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hard saddle bag stance.  (Read 280 times)

Offline HeyJoe

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Chandler, AZ
Hard saddle bag stance.
« on: June 13, 2018, 06:40:56 PM »
I would like to outfit my '18X with hard panniers, but have been not happy with what I have found.  Looking at the two main manufactures, Hepco & Becker and Givi, both seem to ride on the bike awkwardly to me.   I appreciate how our exhaust is, but do not like the tilted look that follows the seat line.  If a person modified their exhaust to exit in a flatter fashion, could the bags be leveled?

Thanks.

Joe

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
  • Wrecked Wrench Motorcyclist
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500XT
  • City / Town: Upstate, SC USA
Re: Hard saddle bag stance.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 12:59:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by HeyJoe [+]
I would like to outfit my '18X with hard panniers, but have been not happy with what I have found.  Looking at the two main manufactures, Hepco & Becker and Givi, both seem to ride on the bike awkwardly to me.   I appreciate how our exhaust is, but do not like the tilted look that follows the seat line.  If a person modified their exhaust to exit in a flatter fashion, could the bags be leveled?

Thanks.

Joe

Get the Givi and mount a set of Tusk panniers any way you want them. I have a set that I have yet to mount. They are universal and fit the Givi racks. Happy trails sell a universal pannier mounting kit to fit our racks. I have about $550 in my racks and my panniers. Currently, I am using JCW trunks as side cases until I get around to mounting the Tusk. Tusk can be bought and viewed at Rocky Mountain ATV. I have the large silver panniers.

Having them angled with the seat allows you to use the seat and panniers to throw stuff on top of them and strap them down. Think tents and sleeping bags/pads.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 01:01:28 AM by EscCtrl »
Artist also known as ben2go.
Current bikes
Six=Suzuki GS500,'00 V Star Classic,'14 CB500X farkled out nicely.
I rescue neglected and battered motorcycles.

Offline HeyJoe

• CB500X Newbie
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Chandler, AZ
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 04:51:20 PM »
Awesome, I will look into that, thanks.  I hear you on the additional stacking rationale.

Offline EscCtrl

• CB500X God
  • Wrecked Wrench Motorcyclist
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 CB500XT
  • City / Town: Upstate, SC USA
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 12:57:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by HeyJoe [+]
Awesome, I will look into that, thanks.  I hear you on the additional stacking rationale.

You're welcome. I have a thread about my current set up and how I got things cheap. Unfortunately, the JCW trunks are NLA but you want real panniers so it's a moot point.

https://www.cb500x.com/index.php/topic,2749.0.html
Artist also known as ben2go.
Current bikes
Six=Suzuki GS500,'00 V Star Classic,'14 CB500X farkled out nicely.
I rescue neglected and battered motorcycles.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage