Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: (Got one thanks)WTB CB500X seat.( Australia)  (Read 212 times)

Offline gregjet

• CB500X Member
  • Go forth and modify
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Bundaberg
(Got one thanks)WTB CB500X seat.( Australia)
« on: September 24, 2018, 09:10:02 AM »
Can be in any condition, so long as the back half of the pan is good. Foam and cover condition irrevelant. Want it for a single seat reg conversion. Cheap please.
A torn crashed one would be fine ( with the previous proviso).

GOT ONE. THANKS FOLKS
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 09:06:34 PM by gregjet »

Offline gavmac

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500XA RRL1 & 3
  • City / Town: Scenic Rim, Qld
Re: WTB CB500X seat.( Australia)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 07:22:51 AM »
I presume you are aware that the single seat change is now a self declaration form, no inspection. On my two I've just removed the rear footrests.

Offline gregjet

• CB500X Member
  • Go forth and modify
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X
  • City / Town: Bundaberg
Re: WTB CB500X seat.( Australia)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 09:34:31 PM »
Thanks gavmac. Yes I am aware, but you have to make a declaration that the bike complies ( 500mm total seat length). You could be fined with the full seat on a single seat reg bike. Unlikely, but possible. That rule was always pretty stupid anyway, as dirtbikes often were single seat reg, and had no capability for even fitting pegs. They had to have long seats for control.
Still, as an ex federal public servant, I tend to like to comply where I can (OK when I can get away with it I MAY not strictly comply...).
To be honest, my main motivation is to reduce weight. That is the basis of my X project.

Recent Topics