Author Topic: 2019 CB500X  (Read 106193 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Applecorp

  • CB500X Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 723
  • Bike: MT-09 Tracer
  • Country: england
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #220 on: December 31, 2018, 07:43:59 PM
Shame, bike like this needs to have centre stand as standard.

Offline dereck74

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Country: it
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #221 on: January 02, 2019, 06:15:20 AM
I would only have a center stand if it does not affect the ground clearance. If it does, I would not want/buy one.

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1652
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
  • Country: hn
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #222 on: January 02, 2019, 02:26:59 PM
*Originally Posted by dereck74 [+]
I would only have a center stand if it does not affect the ground clearance. If it does, I would not want/buy one.

Welcome to the forum.

I agree. I have a center stand sitting in a box in my closet and sometimes I wish for the convenience of the centerstand , but it would mean removing my Rally Raid engine guard and also mean losing a bit of clearance. So, in the closet it sits.

Offline skidooboy

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 87
  • Where does that trail go?
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
  • Country: ca
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #223 on: January 02, 2019, 05:21:45 PM
 :152: :152: :152:

The deed is Done!!!!!!!


Just talked with my Dealer, put in my pre-approval for financing and ordered a brand spanking new 2019!!!!! In Red. Call me old school, but a Honda should be red.

He said there was a very limited allotment for Canada (might be  salesman BS...) but he could get me one for sure.

now it's a long wait till may! :164:


Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 05:23:18 PM by skidooboy
Go Jets Go!!!

Offline Lattugo

  • CB500X Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 105
  • Bike: CB500XA Y2015
  • Country: it
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #224 on: January 02, 2019, 05:44:40 PM
*Originally Posted by skidooboy [+]
:152: :152: :152:

The deed is Done!!!!!!!


Just talked with my Dealer, put in my pre-approval for financing and ordered a brand spanking new 2019!!!!! In Red. Call me old school, but a Honda should be red.

...wasn't it Ferrari?

Many congrats on your purchase!!!

 :306:

Offline ThirtyOne

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1652
  • Bike: '13 CB500X
  • Country: hn
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #225 on: January 02, 2019, 05:57:15 PM
*Originally Posted by skidooboy [+]
:152: :152: :152:

The deed is Done!!!!!!!


Just talked with my Dealer, put in my pre-approval for financing and ordered a brand spanking new 2019!!!!! In Red. Call me old school, but a Honda should be red.

He said there was a very limited allotment for Canada (might be  salesman BS...) but he could get me one for sure.

now it's a long wait till may! :164:

Congrats. You must be feeling like  :104:


Offline Revoflyer

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 24
  • Country: us
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #226 on: January 09, 2019, 11:41:27 PM
A test drive of sorts.....but I don't speak the language. Hopefully we will begin to see reviews soon.


Offline Jonathan

  • CB500X God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1157
  • Country: gb
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #227 on: January 10, 2019, 12:28:19 AM
*Originally Posted by Revoflyer [+]
A test drive of sorts.....but I don't speak the language. Hopefully we will begin to see reviews soon.


Fortunately I speak fluent Thai...I won't translate the entire thing but to paraphrase he says:

"Man...I wish Honda had upgraded the output to 65 HP and fitted tubeless spokes... adjustable footpegs...and Renthals as standard"  :016:
Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:29:08 AM by Jonathan

Offline dereck74

  • CB500X Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Country: it
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #228 on: January 10, 2019, 06:14:29 AM
65 horse power were out of the question from a 471 c.c. engine.

Spoke wheels are not necessary and perhaps not desirable on a mild adventure bike like this.

On the contrary, adjustable pegs would have been desirable, IMHO.

Offline CaptainBart45

  • CB500X Member
  • **
  • Posts: 17
  • Country: us
Re: 2019 CB500X
Reply #229 on: January 10, 2019, 05:04:00 PM
*Originally Posted by dereck74 [+]
65 horse power were out of the question from a 471 c.c. engine.

Spoke wheels are not necessary and perhaps not desirable on a mild adventure bike like this.

On the contrary, adjustable pegs would have been desirable, IMHO.
I think the 1000cc rocket bikes are pushing, if not over, 200hp. I understand price and value are major factors, however, 65hp from a 500 class doesn't seem like a unreasonable quest.