Author Topic: Farkle fest....don't get too excited!  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
  • Topic Author
Farkle fest....don't get too excited!
on: November 10, 2018, 07:50:34 PM
Thought I'd share a few of the bit's and pieces I've been tinkering with recently. I've provided some links to the specific parts for reference if anyone needs more info...

First, a teeny weeny pair of red LEDs next to the number plate light. I drilled the holes oversize so I could mount them in rubber sleeve grommets.

http://www.atomictiger.com/ledbolt.php

The sleeve grommets are actually 'Superseal' insulation boots...https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/automotive-connector-accessories/3662061/ 

The wiring is routed up through the tail section and splice soldered into the rear light molex

The LED bolts are a snug push fit in the sleeves. They should last a while longer being rubber mounted. Ive seen similar looking LEDs for a couple of quid but I went for some quality ones...think they worked out about 20 with shipping. These are the 6mm versions and are bright as f***

I'm sorely tempted to get the bigger versions in white, for the front end if these are anything to go by...

Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:51:04 PM by Jonathan

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
  • Topic Author
Re: Farkle fest....don't get too excited!
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 08:04:25 PM
Aux light switch and bracket....for when i can afford some aux lights

Plus a nos clutch lever cover from a Superdream. Fits like a.....clutch lever cover. should be standard on the X imo.

The switch can be bought from most places (I like Durite stuff) but the mounting bracket is the thing...I didn't want a bulky switch and wanted to be able to operate the aux lights (eventually) without taking my hands from the bars. It's available from Dynojet, listed as a 'map selection switch bracket'...the price? All of 4 something...it's a gem where bar space is at a premium

I used the boot of an old school suppressor cap as a shroud to cover the back of the switch and terminals
Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:06:19 PM by Jonathan

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 08:21:12 PM
Sat nav mounting bracket....

Love my old Tomtom...probably donkey's years out of date but it's served me well. Weighed up all the options for mounting and went for a handle bar clamp mount called 'Smarty' from Moto Discovery in Greece https://moto-discovery.com/eshop/vaseis-smarty/honda-smarty-handlebar-mount.html

The large mounting hole is c. 28+ ID so will fit the cheap USB charger sockets all over Fleabay, but I used a DIN socket, so I can buy cheap plug-in chargers if the Optimate ever gives up the ghost...DIN sockets are smaller OD so you'd need a suitably sized hole grommet.

rider's-eye view...

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
  • Topic Author
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 08:25:07 PM
had an old ram ball mount going spare...

and was forever missing the tiny kick stand tab hiding behind the footpeg

Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:25:45 PM by Jonathan

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 08:33:57 PM
managed to fit the Kryptonite Mini U lock under the seat. Held in situ with one of those bicycle pump velcro straps at the curvey end

right at the bottom of the pic you can see where I mounted the aux relay/fuse box, fed from the battery, triggered from the options plug. The original project box lid was a bit tall so this is a chopped down version. The ali bracket holds it in place securely

Offline Jonathan

• CB500X God
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 08:37:28 PM
Mentioned this in another post about security but i thought i'd post a pic here....it shows how the Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboutit mini u lock fits through the holes in the rear hub....you can tether it with a chain...

Online ewryly

• CB500X God
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 10:19:48 PM
 :460:

Offline charlybrwn134

• CB500X Newbie
  • Bike: 2016 cb500x
Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 12:20:53 AM
 :152:

Online Lancs-lad

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 11:46:49 PM
I have trouble locating the sidestand tab with my size 12s, did you thread the prong to fit the Ram ball onto it??
Red Rose Classic MCC