Author Topic: Fork Gaiters for 2019 X?  (Read 5800 times)

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Re: Fork Gaiters for 2019 X?
Reply #30 on: April 29, 2020, 08:49:55 PM
I just took mine to the bike and compared..The gaiters I got have ten as opposed to twelve ribs as yours have.
I checked whilst extended with the bike on the centre stand...my bike has the forks brought up through yokes about 8mm as I have lowering links on.
Even allowing for that 8mm they look to be right and are not distorted in any way so I should be more than happy with them.

Offline Co.CB500x

• CB500X Newbie
Reply #31 on: April 06, 2021, 06:54:07 AM
Sure would love to buy the gaiters that Jenny recommends, but sheees can't find them anywhere... Any ideas?  :159:

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
Reply #32 on: April 06, 2021, 07:40:09 PM
*Originally Posted by Co.CB500x [+]
Sure would love to buy the gaiters that Jenny recommends, but sheees can't find them anywhere... Any ideas?  :159:

If you search '42x60x250 fork gaiters' on ebay, you usually find a seller (there is one at the moment: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Fork-Gaiters-42x60x250mm/283877453797?hash=item42186a2fe5:g:aMQAAOSwv8Fd5Ijq), but these are typcially from the UK, so shipping is as much as the gaiters themselves to the US unfortunately.

It's also worth reminding anyone reading that the 250mm length above is what I recommend for the longer travel LEVEL 2 Rally-Raid suspension bikes... If you're running shorter/standard travel, then you might be better off with either the Yamaha Bolt boots (which Jamie suggested a few posts above) or if you want to keep it Honda, the accessory boots for the Honda Rebel CMX500 also work well according to those who have fitted them (having exactly the same diameter forks of course). Either of those ought to be available from any respective dealer.

Jx
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline Co.CB500x

• CB500X Newbie
Reply #33 on: April 06, 2021, 08:21:41 PM
Jenny,  Currently trying to get a hold of Liz to get some questions answered on ordering a host of stuff including the level 2 suspension kit.  trying to have the gaiters here for when all gets here from the UK.  Wondering why RR isn't offering these.  Seems like a good oppurtunity to be able to throw a set of gaiters in a box from RR with one big shipping charge.  Just thoughts.  Lots of questions.  don't really want to put a big thread up though. Cheers

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
Reply #34 on: April 06, 2021, 09:06:21 PM
*Originally Posted by Co.CB500x [+]
Jenny,  Currently trying to get a hold of Liz to get some questions answered on ordering a host of stuff including the level 2 suspension kit.  trying to have the gaiters here for when all gets here from the UK.  Wondering why RR isn't offering these.  Seems like a good oppurtunity to be able to throw a set of gaiters in a box from RR with one big shipping charge.  Just thoughts.  Lots of questions.  don't really want to put a big thread up though. Cheers

Hi Co' - the problem with [Rally Raid offering] any 3rd party products is maintaining a supply... obviously things like the TracTve shocks were designed and manufactured in partnership with Rally-Raid from the outset, while accessories like BarkBusters and various luggage items also tend to come from a well-established and dedicated companies - but items like these rubber boots are almost always sourced from far eastern manufacturers, who cannot always guarantee regular supply or even if they will still offer such products in the future...

An example of this was the shorty billet brake levers RR used to offer for the CB500X at a great price - primarily because they had been able to establish a relationship with a suppler from the far east who were actually manufacturing good quality items, with much better material and quality control than you often find on ebay for example... Unfortunately that particular company subsequently stopped manufacturing those specific items, and John was unable to source a similar product of the same quality/consistency, so had to drop them.

Similarly these days you see a lot of comments online along the lines of "You can get xxx much cheaper locally/on ebay" and or "gaiters look crap you should get socks" etc. with products like this, which is why RR have not bothered to stock them themselves, rather just recommend an ebay link if a customer wants them.

That said, in this particular instance (not least since these gaiters appear to be far more readily available in the UK/EU compared to the US) - if you are in conversation with Rally-Raid, then by all means make the suggestion, they might well consider it's worth stocking them for the LEVEL 2 customers?

Jenny x
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline STOKIE

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2020 CB500X
Reply #35 on: April 07, 2021, 10:08:46 AM
If these gaiters are for a standard 500x then the genuine honda one's for the 500 rebel fit perfectly,always assuming that you have that model over there.