Author Topic: Water pump repair  (Read 3583 times)

Offline timur

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Re: Water pump repair
Reply #30 on: April 19, 2020, 07:17:28 PM
*Originally Posted by vackor [+]
Hi! What leaked to you, water or oil? I have this problem too. 6 months, 1800 km, and is leaking oil.
It was coolant. Did you checked that the oil doesn't come from chain?

Offline vackor

• CB500X Member
Reply #31 on: April 20, 2020, 05:19:54 AM
Of course, from the little hole. I have no luck. In 2003, I bought a new Aprilia Pegaso 650ie. By the age of 1, the oil started to leak even more there. I did not want to go in for repair under warranty (it did not want to wait half a day). I replaced it with what I bought at the bearing store. He endured 15 years, he had no more problems with it. The Pegaso also has a 12x26x7 oil seal, but there are both sides. I just called the service, they just haven't called me back yet. Maybe this is that the shaft is not straight? It is leaking more and more.
*Originally Posted by timur [+]
It was coolant. Did you checked that the oil doesn't come from chain?

Offline timur

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #32 on: April 20, 2020, 04:31:43 PM
*Originally Posted by vackor [+]
Of course, from the little hole. I have no luck. In 2003, I bought a new Aprilia Pegaso 650ie. By the age of 1, the oil started to leak even more there. I did not want to go in for repair under warranty (it did not want to wait half a day). I replaced it with what I bought at the bearing store. He endured 15 years, he had no more problems with it. The Pegaso also has a 12x26x7 oil seal, but there are both sides. I just called the service, they just haven't called me back yet. Maybe this is that the shaft is not straight? It is leaking more and more.
Leaky water pumps on CB500X and Mayan dissapearance are one of the biggest mysteries of this time. And as I can see Honda decided to continue with the same flawed design - don't understand why the didn't resolved the issue since 2013  :157:

In my case since water pump replacement on my bike it is all right - made 17000km and no leaks anymore. However I check coolant level almost everyday - just in case.
Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 04:35:06 PM by timur

Offline bones

• CB500X Member
Reply #33 on: May 23, 2020, 09:15:03 AM
  thank you Timur.
  of great help. brill pictures as well.

BONES. :047: