Author Topic: Handguards for 2019 PC64 ?  (Read 3357 times)

Offline Lancs-lad

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
Re: Handguards for 2019 PC64 ?
Reply #10 on: August 01, 2019, 09:33:20 PM
I'm getting slightly confused as this is what Barkbuster said in reply to my query about the 2019, and why I'm waiting to see which kit they finally recommend for the 2019 model.

Hi Neil,
 I am aware that the new bike has a steel tapered handlebar as standard.
This will not cause any problem with the BHG-055 hardware kit since it utilises a handlebar clamp that attaches to the 22mm straight section near the controls.
Iíve had a few reports from other customers of this fitting successfully.

Honda Australia still hasnít delivered the new model locally, but we expect it may be possible for us to conduct our own test in the next week.

Best regards
Robert Veljanoski
Rideworx Pty Ltd
T: +61 (0) 2 4271 8244
F: +61 (0) 2 4271 8255
W: www.barkbusters.net
facebook logo: www.facebook.com/barkbustershandguards
app-icon2_signature:www.instagram.com/

Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 09:36:46 PM by Lancs-lad
Red Rose Classic MCC

Offline Peter Berg

• CB500X Newbie
  • Bike: Honda CB500X 21
Reply #11 on: December 21, 2020, 09:02:51 AM
*Originally Posted by JMo [+]
As an update to that temporary fix suggestion, Rally-Raid now supply their own inserts for the BHG-152 kit for the thinner wall OEM bars on the 2019 model:

These are supplied free of charge to anyone buying the BarkBuster kit from them.

Jx

Hello there,

I am new in this forum and stumbled on your various solutions here for the OEM thinner wall handlebar issue with barkbusters. I recently bought this kit here:

https://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/BHG-152-00-NP

But there was not a thicker spreader included.

JMo - can I ask you what your solution on the pictures is? Did you attach the bolt to the oem internal weight without using the black endcaps?

Right now I haven't figured out a good solution to install them, which is bummer for a product that is advertised as "specific for the OE Honda CB 500X". I don't like the idea of wrapping around ducktape for such a product  :003:.

I am thankfull for any suggestion, what to do.

Thanks a lot and cheers,

Peter

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
Reply #12 on: December 21, 2020, 03:59:08 PM
*Originally Posted by Peter Berg [+]
Hello there,

I am new in this forum and stumbled on your various solutions here for the OEM thinner wall handlebar issue with barkbusters. I recently bought this kit here:

https://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/BHG-152-00-NP

But there was not a thicker spreader included.

JMo - can I ask you what your solution on the pictures is? Did you attach the bolt to the oem internal weight without using the black endcaps?

Right now I haven't figured out a good solution to install them, which is bummer for a product that is advertised as "specific for the OE Honda CB 500X". I don't like the idea of wrapping around ducktape for such a product  :003:.

I am thankfull for any suggestion, what to do.

Thanks a lot and cheers,

Peter

Hi Peter - the post you've quote above is an old one now (from August 2019) soon after the new bike was launched - Barkbusters now sell a dedicated kit for the 2019-on model to fit the stock handlebars, and subsequently Rally-Raid list this version under their 2019-on model specific sub-heading:

https://barkbusters.net/products/universal-mounting-hardware/3506-bhg-151/

for info. RR still sell the BHG152 version for anyone who's changed their stock bars for thicker wall aftermarket bars such as the Renthal RC High and ProTaper ADV, but once Barkbusters themselves introduced an alternate version for the thinner wall OEM bars, it made more sense to offer that kit rather than continue to machine those spacers.

You could try emailing them and asking if they still have any in a box somewhere (unlikely to be honest), or alternatively you can order all the Barkbusters components as spare parts directly from them:

https://barkbusters.net/wp-content/uploads/Barkbusters-REPLACEMENT-PARTS.pdf

note. a quick look at that list above and I imagine you want one of the 'Bar End Expander' parts (ie. the version of their insert for steel bars, most likely the 17mm version) - I'd check with Barkbusters which version is the one they include with their CB500X specific kit.

Hope that helps!

Jenny x
Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 04:02:54 PM by JMo
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline Peter Berg

• CB500X Newbie
  • Bike: Honda CB500X 21
Reply #13 on: December 22, 2020, 08:57:07 AM
Dear Jenny,

Thank you so much for your reply. I got to admit, I was able to attach them now properly by pre spread the spreader-part a bit, then enter it into the tube. So everything is fine - it was just the lack of my own experience  :138: :001:.

Have a wonderfull christmas time,

Peter

Offline Advchic

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: 2020 CB500X
Reply #14 on: December 30, 2020, 03:54:59 AM
I just returned a set of BHG-055 because the supplierís website said it would fit the 2019 style bars but it didnít. The inner clamp wasnít wide enough to fit the tapered part of the bar. You can get a kit for the larger diameter bar but I didnít want to start messing around with a bunch of parts. The kit that will fit the 19 and up is BHG-081 and most places in Canada are out of stock.
I might just go with single point mounts to block the wind!

victorious-backstage