Author Topic: Big thumbs up to RR!  (Read 1030 times)

Offline PaulinBont

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
Big thumbs up to RR!
on: July 26, 2019, 10:24:37 AM
My new tubeless spoked wheels,  ABS ring and rear shock arrived....quality bits of kit!

When fitting, there were one or two fixtures and fittings missing, despite being ticked on the packing list. Quick phone call to Rally Raid and they arrived in the post the next morning.

We're sometimes too quick to criticise when things go wrong with traders and often too slow to praise good service- well done RR and thank you from a very satisfied customer!
Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 10:28:21 AM by PaulinBont

Offline Mence

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2017 CB500X
Re: Big thumbs up to RR!
Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 02:46:01 PM
Good to read, I'm hopefully committing to some RR bits soon.

Offline catstevecam

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X ABS
Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 03:08:55 PM
*Originally Posted by PaulinBont [+]
We're sometimes too quick to criticise when things go wrong with traders and often too slow to praise good service- well done RR and thank you from a very satisfied customer!
I think it is always good to mention good service received - directly to the provider makes them feel they are doing a good job and mentioning good service to others helps encourage further business - it's a 'win-win'  :152:

Offline Thisll do

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: CB500X 2016 L3RR
Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 04:42:38 PM
I just hope the quality has improved since my Level 3 build in 2016. 2 years later the powder coat on the RR wheel rims was flaking and I got zero satisfaction from RR.
Yes its good to get good reports, but only fair to mention bad experience as well.
I sincerely hope RR have learned from their mistakes.

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 11:05:07 PM
*Originally Posted by Thisll do [+]
I just hope the quality has improved since my Level 3 build in 2016. 2 years later the powder coat on the RR wheel rims was flaking and I got zero satisfaction from RR.
Yes its good to get good reports, but only fair to mention bad experience as well.
I sincerely hope RR have learned from their mistakes.

If this is the instance I recall correctly, Rally-Raid did offer to have your wheels rectified, but you decided that their offer was not acceptable to you.

Jx
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline PaulinBont

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 06:06:37 AM
Fixtures and fittings? I meant to say ' fastenings '

Offline Thisll do

• CB500X Member
Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 07:34:53 AM
Sorry, but all I got was a set of new stainless spoke nipples. I did sort the problem myself, but only because RR didn't make any further response to my polite enquiries.
If such an offer had been made I would certainly have accepted.

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 08:20:31 PM
*Originally Posted by Thisll do [+]
Sorry, but all I got was a set of new stainless spoke nipples. I did sort the problem myself, but only because RR didn't make any further response to my polite enquiries.
If such an offer had been made I would certainly have accepted.

Again, you have omitted to explain that your particular request was not within the bounds of the warranty conditions.

Rally-Raid offered to take your two-year-old wheels back, have them stripped and re-powdercoated in the original colour/finish, and rebuilt.

You insisted you now wanted a different colour/finish that the one they were able to supply, and when it was clear their original offer was not acceptable to you, they send you some replacement nipples to help with your own personal refurbishment.

Jx
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline Thisll do

• CB500X Member
Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 09:23:11 PM
That was about the size of it.
I didn't want powder coated rims again like the ones that had flaked. I wanted to get mine anodised and suggested RR might contribute to the cost (not an unreasonable suggestion) and they did not bother to reply.