Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Dakota Adventure Loop  (Read 266 times)

Offline 32dgrz

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
Dakota Adventure Loop
« on: October 10, 2019, 03:33:01 AM »
Had a great time on my CB RR on the DAKAL. 5 days 900 miles
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 03:43:20 AM by 32dgrz »

Online ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
Re: Dakota Adventure Loop
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 10:26:24 AM »
That is such a beautiful part of the country.  How was the weather?  And how challenging is the riding?

Offline 32dgrz

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 11:41:43 PM »
I delayed my trip a week due to wet weather. When I did go I was diverted off I-29 south of Sioux Falls on the GPS so westward on a two lane.  Was making good time when I came over a hill and saw what looked like a lake across the road. I was busy and didnt get a picture.. They said  on local radio that they had received 12.5 inches of rain. Turned north on a gravel road, no cell service. Road closures signs on every gravel road to the west.  Finally found one open then north on pavement

Made it back on I-90 and was the only vehicle on the road heading west.  I found out they had a huge detour up to the north.
Returning a week later still had flooding issues on I-90

The trails were great quit a few closures.  I think mostly due to the harsh winter and the relentless rain they had this year.
The bike preformed flawlessly.  A few of the trails resembled more of a steep rock single track. The CBRR made me look better than I am as I never had a get off. Traveling solo that was a blessing.  I would encourage anyone to give it a try.  Ive spent many trips on motorcycles and this was one of the best
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 11:54:32 PM by 32dgrz »

Online ewryly

• CB500X Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
  • City / Town: West Hartford
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 12:13:33 AM »
Thanks for the update.  This summer, even much further south, nearer 70, I encountered road closures because of the winter and spring flooding.  Pretty amazing and unnerving.

Offline JMo

• CB500X God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: CB500X RRL2
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 05:44:48 AM »
This looks to be an excellent few days' worth of exploring - I shall add it to my list for next season!

Jx
It's not a unicorn as such, just a little mule with a bump on it's head... www.CB500Xadventure.com

Offline ncroadtoad

• CB500X Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 CB500X
  • City / Town: Eastern NC
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 01:27:20 PM »
That looks like a great ride. Enjoyed the pictures
Just damn happy to be here...

Online HarrySeaward

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 01:49:41 PM »
Thanks for sharing. Do you think this is a do-able route without the Rally Raid package?

Offline 32dgrz

• CB500X Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 02:09:48 PM »
I wouldnt want to attempt it its less suspension travel and ground clearance. The cast wheels might be an issue too. That being said it would be easy to work around many of those trails that are on the more challenging end of the spectrum. Bill, the driving force behind this has made many alternate tracks for the more difficult sections. There is so many options in the Black Hills to ride you could spend weeks riding and never see the same thing twice. Here are a few more pictures.

Recent Topics

victorious-backstage