Author Topic: denali s4 + oxford heated grips install  (Read 1436 times)

Offline charlybrwn134

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2016 cb500x
denali s4 + oxford heated grips install
on: February 21, 2020, 07:08:19 PM
hello to all. I'm new this forum and find very useful for the do's and don't do's. I'm looking for an assurance that if i install the Denali s4 direct to battery and connecting my oxford heated grips through the rear option plug i will be safe. ill plan to connect with the Sumitomo MT090-2B 2pin . i have the 2016 CB500x. I'm a New Yorker also a motor ref for cycling races. any opinions  assurances would greatly appreciated.
Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 07:17:37 PM by charlybrwn134

Online Oyley

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Re: denali s4 + oxford heated grips install
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 09:05:57 PM
Connect the Oxford grips straight to the battery as the current versions sense the lower battery voltage when the engine is not running and switches the grips off.
Dont connect lights straight to the battery as someone will likely switch them on and drain your battery...add a fuse box that has a second positive input that senses a 'live when ignition on' I think the aux socket under the seat does that or the socket at the front of the bike....I think that is..check though...2amp max.Someone here will know the answer.

Offline Steve T

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: CB5X,F8GS,600Alp
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 08:21:26 AM
Ref the lights.

I've just fitted some Aux lights. I feed them power from the battery via a relay and a switch on the handlebars. The relay is tripped by power from the socket under the seat, that way the lights can only be powered up when the igniton is on and the handlebar switch is made.

Simple, just like me  :080:

Steve T

:018:
British Born
Rasied in Wales
Living in Scotland
Still British 1st though

Offline manray

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: CB500X
Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 05:00:11 AM
*Originally Posted by charlybrwn134 [+]
hello to all. I'm new this forum and find very useful for the do's and don't do's. I'm looking for an assurance that if i install the Denali s4 direct to battery and connecting my oxford heated grips through the rear option plug i will be safe. ill plan to connect with the Sumitomo MT090-2B 2pin . i have the 2016 CB500x. I'm a New Yorker also a motor ref for cycling races. any opinions  assurances would greatly appreciated.

As others have said, connect the Oxford heated grips direct to battery.  Connect the S4's to the options plug at the front or rear; they run off the same fuse.  The led lights will turn on only when your ignition is on.  Won't be a problem as the led's will last a very long time.
Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 05:02:07 AM by manray

Offline Ceddy17

• CB500X Pro
  • Ed
Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 09:22:17 AM
Oxford grips can be directly connected to the battery (I use a separate relay myself, but hey...)
I'd find the feed to the high beam and connect that feed to a relay that powers the S4's.
That way the S4's switches on and off with the high beam and only with the high beam..
Take care..
Ed.
... don't concentrate on the finger ...  Stay Safe  ...