Author Topic: Cardo Freecom 1+ and 4+  (Read 630 times)

Offline bluepillow

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
Cardo Freecom 1+ and 4+
on: February 29, 2020, 12:24:25 PM
I'm currently looking to buy either the 1+ or 4+ model.

Has anyone tried out both yet? The price of the 1+ is half of the 4+ in Thailand and i do not know if the JBL speakers in the 4+ are really worth the extra money.

I plan to do mainly listening to music and the occasional calls.

Please advise

Offline Wayoutwallace

• CB500X Newbie
Re: Cardo Freecom 1+ and 4+
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 12:21:45 PM
I had the Freecom 1+ and found the sound quality to be very good as long as you can get the speakers well positioned. Personally I found that if the speakers were in the best position they were also very tight to my ear and became uncomfortable after 30 mins+ riding. The volume could be louder when listening to music, but I have always found the call volume acceptable, but this was when riding a Piaggio MP3 scooter with full windshield. It may be that they are a little too quiet on a CB500X.

I also found the controls a bit fiddly to use other than answering calls. Unfortunately, I didn't attach the unit correctly the other day and it fell off - I was unable to find it! For this reason I will be upgrading to the 4+ which will also allow communication with other riders. The main reason I would upgrade is that the sound is supposed to be better quality /louder on the 4+ and the controls are much easier with the voice control option. But I will also be ensuring it is all properly connected before riding!! This isn't a direct comparison but hopefully it helps... good luck!  :152:

Offline Wayoutwallace

• CB500X Newbie
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 04:08:50 PM
Update to mybprecious reply: just got the 4+. Volume much clearer and louder, and the unit is much easier to use with the voice control and the jog dial. I would def. recommend the 4+ over the 1+

Offline mtodd

• CB500X Member
  • Bike: 2018 CB500X
Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 07:38:02 AM
I have had the 4+ for a couple of months now and I like it. Itís my first com unit though so I donít have anything to compare it to. Sound quality is good. Sometimes itís a bit quiet and I havenít quite worked out that issue.
New rider, social worker, musician

Offline Wayoutwallace

• CB500X Newbie
Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 12:22:49 PM
One thing I have found with the 4+, is that the scroll wheel often catches on my collar when I look over my left shoulder (it is mounted on my left), so I have paused whatever is playing on a few occasions.

With regards volume - I have found where you position the internal speakers really affects this, if you are able to move them around it might be worth trying some different positions.