Author Topic: *Into the Highlands . . . NOT on a CB5X*  (Read 505 times)

Offline Steve T

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CB5X,F8GS,600Alp
*Into the Highlands . . . NOT on a CB5X*
on: March 22, 2020, 07:14:08 PM
Just a shortish ride today, west into the highlands.
Back roads to Inverness to check on an elderly native – all OK but can’t come out to play cos its muvvers day, apparently  :164:.
Onwards to the west via really little roads, some having dirty detours leading off of them into the hinterlands.

Did the infamous corkscrew off the south side of Loch Ness then onto Fort Augustus

Haven’t ridden along the Glen Garry road for soooo many years, so seeing as the traffic was virtually non-existent, I went and covered some miles of glorious twisty tarmac and took in many superb views as I went along

Back towards Inverness via the northern road around Loch Ness. Never, ever, ever have I encountered so few vehicles on this road . . . at any time of the year, as I did today. From Invermorriston heading east I came up behind my first moving obstacle just as I got to Drumnadrochit. – nearly 13 miles and just one vehicle travelling in the same direction as me! And not that many travelling in the other direction either!

220 fun miles. Wonder how long it will be before the fun police stop even this sort of activity  :012:?

Steve T

:018:
British Born
Rasied in Wales
Living in Scotland
Still British 1st though

Offline Jinx

• CB500X Member
Re: *Into the Highlands . . . NOT on a CB5X*
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 08:58:26 PM
Sounds like perfect social distancing

Offline Lancs-lad

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: 2019 cb500x
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 09:37:16 PM
Great pictures, going to miss my run upto the pre65 trial in Kinlochleven this year now it's cancelled, been going for 27yrs!
Red Rose Classic MCC

Offline ewryly

• CB500X God
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 10:17:27 PM
Great pictures, especially the mountain shots!

Offline hilldweller

• CB500X God
  • Bike: CB500X
Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 11:45:37 PM
Grand looking bike, love the colour.

It's possibly the bike some think they are buying when they buy the X "adventure" bike.

Though I suspect it's twice the price of the X.
Brian.

Offline Ceddy17

• CB500X Pro
  • Ed
Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 08:43:27 AM
So, you're still allowed to ride around free over there?
Watch out, there is a killer out there somewhere..
Ed.
... don't concentrate on the finger ...  Stay Safe  ...

Offline Steve T

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CB5X,F8GS,600Alp
Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 02:53:50 PM
Thanks for the kind words chaps  :152:
hilldweller - The F8GS is way more than the CB5X in so many ways, but thats missing the point of the CB5X IMHO. Its about light fun and going where you will, as you would on the F8GS, but at a slower, gentler pace.
Well, it is for me  :007:.

Ceddy17 - the fact that they haven't put us in lockdown yet was my reason for going out for a good ride yesterday. On my own, filled the bike up at pay at the pump site, took my own refreshments and nibbles with me. Never stopped in any built up area, so never had to worry about keeping my distance from anyone. I will keep doing this until they tell us we have got to stop living and start turning into vegtables whilst waiting to die.

Took the CB5X out this afternoon after fitting a heat deflecting plate to the bottom of my modified pelicases (RH side case only of course  :080:). Works a treat, with the inside of the case feeling like it was at less than hand heat = Result. Got to sort the fabric throw-overs next and then I'll have all options sorted  :082:

Steve T

:018:
Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 02:54:54 PM by Steve T
British Born
Rasied in Wales
Living in Scotland
Still British 1st though

victorious-backstage