Author Topic: Help Me Accessories My 2020  (Read 4371 times)

Online Oyley

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Re: Help Me Accessories My 2020
Reply #100 on: May 22, 2020, 01:37:20 AM
Yes..same location at the front lower of the Puig engine bar mount..would need to fit the SWMotech sump guard first then maybe space out the Puig mounts front and rear slightly...

Online Ruggybuggy

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #101 on: May 22, 2020, 04:46:54 PM
You would think just a spacer at the top location the same thickness as the SW-Motech mount.  This would put the Puig back into alignment.  When you get it sorted post up some pics.

Online Oyley

• CB500X Pro
Reply #102 on: May 23, 2020, 01:10:51 AM
I am hoping some spacers and longer bolts,just need to check the spec of the bolts and source some with corrosion resistance..not sure about stainless having the correct tensile strength,plus as they are into aluminium,the tend to have a reaction.

Offline HarrySeaward

• CB500X Pro
Reply #103 on: May 24, 2020, 03:08:35 PM
*Originally Posted by HarrySeaward [+]
Cool. I'll find out soon enough how well the CB500X-specific levers fit from the2wheels. I got the 3D short levers (black with gold/yellow adjuster knobs to match my 2015 paint scheme). Total cost with shipping was just under $49, so very cheap compared to some of the levers I was considering.

Just to update on my "the2wheels" lever purchase. It's a month later and I haven't received them, nor did I get any order confirmation. My card was billed so I just emailed the company to ask for a status update. I suspect it's just a delay due to the pandemic, but some kind of email notification would've been nice.

Online Ruggybuggy

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #104 on: May 27, 2020, 05:59:57 AM
My foot pegs and wind deflectors showed up today and I got them fitted.  The foot pegs and designed for the BMW motorcycle but with some creative grinding they work out quite well.  I really didn't like the Honda foot pegs.  They just didn't seem big enough.  The BMW pegs feel much more secure and at $60 USD they are a good buy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel-Front-Foot-pegs-Rest-Pegs-Rests-For-BMW-R1200GS-ADV-R1150GS-ADV/182473232194?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

In these pictures you can see the material I removed.

I also mounted my wind deflectors to keep my hands warm.  They will do the job required and will flex and not break if I drop the bike.  They did require modification so that they would clear the windscreen.  They are available on amazon for around $38 CDN.

Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 06:18:42 AM by Ruggybuggy

Online Oyley

• CB500X Pro
Reply #105 on: May 27, 2020, 11:10:35 AM
Now I just cant put my finger on what those pegs look like.
What I do know is how much more secure one feels with pegs like that.
When essentially a road bike is turned into a baby adventure styled bike, to me it would make some sense to fit similar styles pegs in the first place.
I'm happy with the Rally Raid pegs..but I wish they were just a bit lower...they are slightly higher than standard and riding in leather pants last week I did notice due to having harder knee armour that more pressure was on my knees than with fabric pants and softer knee armour.
Interesting that your pegs were for a GS as somewhere I have a pair ( maybe two pairs) of adjustable height stainless steel Fastway pegs...doing nothing !

Online Ruggybuggy

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #106 on: May 27, 2020, 02:02:58 PM
You might want to pull those pegs out and see about fitting them.  They aren't doing anything but sitting in the shed.

Can you change out your knee armour to D30?

Online Oyley

• CB500X Pro
Reply #107 on: May 27, 2020, 02:45:24 PM
Funny you should say that about D30 as I was looking for some I removed for some reason..I think they were more pads and larger for some Gortex pants I have whereas the leather ones are more cups...I bought pants only used a couple of times for very little money,they loooked brand new.
I tracked down the supplier so I may get in touch and see if they have a D30 or equivalent pad..thanks for reminding me.
Had a good think about the pegs and I definitely have two pairs of nice non pivoting Fastway pegs somewhere,one I fitted for a short spell before selling on a GS1200 Rallye,the others I got for my Urban GS.
I did not fit them as I spotted a pair the the Genuine HP Rally pegs that I bought..now I know exactly where they are...in the kitchen !! they look a really nice pair of pegs,they have rubber inserts that sink into the pegs when you put weight on them so your souls are are on the metalwork.
Some stainless pointed pins then stick through the rubber for extra grip on your boot souls..very clever design...over 200 gbp a pair though !!! I had a weak moment whilst bike was being serviced and my card was in my hand.

Online Oyley

• CB500X Pro
Reply #108 on: May 27, 2020, 02:52:10 PM
Your Africa Twin foglight switch must be about due to arrive,
I got the second one a week ago maybe but the third from a different seller has not arrived,even though the money has left my Paypal account..no respone to emails or phone calls .
Initiated a Paypal claim.

Online Ruggybuggy

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #109 on: May 27, 2020, 03:10:52 PM
I'm not sure I would want to grind down 200 pegs to fit the CB.  Put them up for sale and buy some cheaper ones for the CB.  Not sure how you manage to store bike parts in the kitchen.  My wife would have my head on a platter if I tried that one.

Fortnine sells D30 knee armour for only $25 CDN.  They have the armor dimensions on their website so you can make sure it fits.