Author Topic: Caberg Tourmax Helmet?  (Read 554 times)

Offline Mister Paul

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: 2015 CB500X
Re: Caberg Tourmax Helmet?
Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 09:32:03 PM
*Originally Posted by woody [+]
I have the caberg tourmax in white, only had it around year now and came from a HJC helmet. The caberg is quieter than the HJC and I also liked the good safety ratings of the caberg, it also feels like its put together or of better quality. I like the tinted flip down glasses visor thingy  but not as much as a full tinted visor which was an easy change over on the HJC.

No problems here with the pinlock, it's brilliant. Winter riding and early morning riding was just dangerous and I couldn't see out my visor and with it open my eyes would just stream and face freeze. Not a problem if your just a fine weather rider.

It's definitely wider than the HJC and won't fit in my givi v35 pannier which are made to take a lid. I think the noise described also comes from the peak which is noticeable at higher speed.

I would definitely have another, there are alot of personal opinions/preferences when it comes to these things.

I still also use my HJC though.

I have an HJC shaped head. How does the Caberg compare?

Offline Ruggybuggy

• CB500X Pro
  • Topic Author
Reply #11 on: May 14, 2020, 09:50:13 PM
Maybe I should buy both the Caberg and HJC but I don't think the wife would like it.  I already have five helmets but three of them are for snowmobile use.  I never like to though old lids out.  I understand you are suppose to change a helmet ever five years but after 40 years of riding you end up with a few left overs.  I had a nice Shoei helmet that I had a crash in.  Couldn't use it anymore so we stuck it under a car lift at work and crushed it to see how it held up.  My buddy videoed it and amazing how strong it was.

I found the video if anyone is interested.  I'm the chap placing the helmet under the lift.

Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 09:58:11 PM by Ruggybuggy

Offline woody

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: CB500X
Reply #12 on: May 15, 2020, 06:04:19 PM
*Originally Posted by Mister Paul [+]
I have an HJC shaped head. How does the Caberg compare?

I agree with comment about a lack of chin space mentioned earlier in the caberg, but both are in a medium and fit well.