Author Topic: Totally dead, good battery  (Read 1053 times)

Offline adman

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: CB 500X PC64
Re: Totally dead, good battery
Reply #10 on: May 25, 2020, 09:03:31 PM
Even if the big red switch (emergency stop) on the right side is in the right position, that doesn't mean anything. These switches like to stick to the inside, then they have to be opened and cleaned. Then the ignition current is released. But even that can't really be the case, because even if the emergency is pressed, the petrol pump should work, at least for the year of construction 2019.
I would check and measure the main fuse and the base, there are often cold solder joints or broken connections.
One possibility is the immobilizer, maybe your key or decoder is defective. Take the spare key.
Then the control unit could also be defective and not send a signal.
I would systematically look for the fault starting from the battery. Remote diagnosis is always difficult.
A straight line is only the shortest connection between two curves ...

Offline Ruggybuggy

• CB500X Pro
Reply #11 on: May 25, 2020, 10:32:35 PM
Bike was running but poorly.  Battery was changed and now nothing.  What does common sense say?   :164:

Online motorboy

• CB500X God
  • Bike: 2019 CB500X
Reply #12 on: May 25, 2020, 10:46:14 PM
*Originally Posted by Ruggybuggy [+]
Bike was running but poorly.  Battery was changed and now nothing.  What does common sense say?   :164:
Kinda looking that way
It's not a big motorcycle just a groovy little motorbike

Offline Superplasma

• CB500X Pro
Reply #13 on: May 26, 2020, 04:57:39 PM
*Originally Posted by timur [+]
Humm. I bet there are some wire broken or a putrid connector. I would remove lateral fairings and try to follow the wiring with a torch. If everything is okay visually then the next step would be a voltage measuring on connectors - bit tricky but it works at 95%.

P.D. A silly question but is it OK the polarity of the new battery? This things happens sometimes.

+1,that happen to me once ,very easy done if you have had the battery out, you can turn it the wronge way and not notice.

Superplasma.

Offline 4Paws

• CB500X Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CB500x
Reply #14 on: May 26, 2020, 05:58:45 PM
Perhaps the most ironic joke in the world is naming it “Common Sense”.

Took the battery to a car parts store and had it checked, 12 volts dropped to 7 under load - apparently bad cells. Replaced.

Bike fired right up.
I did learn a bit about maintenance and do have nice clean and tight connections now though I lost two excellent days to ride, not an even trade off but at least it runs.

Swallowed my pride and posted this up. Thanks once again to all who chimed in.

Offline timur

• CB500X Pro
Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 06:15:35 PM
*Originally Posted by 4Paws [+]

Took the battery to a car parts store and had it checked, 12 volts dropped to 7 under load - apparently bad cells. Replaced.

Bike fired right up.
I did learn a bit about maintenance and do have nice clean and tight connections now though I lost two excellent days to ride, not an even trade off but at least it runs.

The best thing is that your bike is OK and running :002:

Offline ewryly

• CB500X God
  • Bike: CB500X 2018
Reply #16 on: May 26, 2020, 06:26:27 PM
*Originally Posted by 4Paws [+]

Bike fired right up.

Now this thread is another good resource on the site.

Offline Ruggybuggy

• CB500X Pro
Reply #17 on: May 26, 2020, 07:43:32 PM
It's always the simple things that get you.  I once had a vehicle in the shop that I performed some engine work on.  Started it up, ran great for about 5 min then it shut down.  Retraced all my work, double checked everything, even got out the scanner to start looking then noticed the gas gauge was showing empty.   :138: