Author Topic: SW-Motech Pro Side Carrier + Street-Rack with Kappa luggage  (Read 621 times)

Offline Comox

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: CB500X 2019

Installed yesterday on my 2019 CB500X.
Easy to install. Very pleased with the quality and fit to the bike.
The Street-Rack and Pro Side Carrier work together as a system sharing components.
Adapters for other luggage brands are available.

Parts:
SW-Motech Street-Rack GPT.01.373.16000/B
SW-Motech Street-Rack Monokey Adapter GPT.00.152.54400/B
Kappa 46 liter top case KGR46N
SW-Motech Pro Side Carrier KFT.01.400.30000/B
SW-Motech Pro Side Carrier Monokey Adapter KFT.00.152.35400
Kappa 22 liter side cases K22N

Offline bencordy

• CB500X Member
Looks great, out of interest why did you go for the motech racks rather than the kappa/givi ones?

Offline Comox

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
I bought the bike used and it came with a motech rear rack so I needed compatible side carriers. I also really liked the design and features of the motech side carrier, although I had to wait 4 months for delivery because it's a newly released product.

Also bought a 70L waterproof duffel bag that lays across the side cases so I've got plenty of storage for long distance adventures.

Offline VA-CB500X

• CB500X Pro
Looks good.  The side cases look bigger than 22L, to my eye.

If you have a chance, it would be helpful to see some more photos of the cases from different angles, including from the rear.  Also, Iím curious what the racks themselves look like without cases mounted.

Thanks.   :762:
Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 12:30:41 PM by VA-CB500X

Offline Comox

• CB500X Newbie
  • Topic Author
I chose the Kappa side cases because they are the only side cases that I'm aware of that are top loading. Perfect for grocery shopping.

Givi is a sister company of Kappa with almost identical but more expensive clones of the side and top cases. I did not want to pay for branding.

Will post more pictures when I get some free time.

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
I get that as I bought a Kappa top box,52litre and its was maybe 30-40% cheaper than the Givi version,same Monokey fixings.

Offline VA-CB500X

• CB500X Pro
*Originally Posted by Comox [+]
I chose the Kappa side cases because they are the only side cases that I'm aware of that are top loading. Perfect for grocery shopping.

Givi is a sister company of Kappa with almost identical but more expensive clones of the side and top cases. I did not want to pay for branding.

Will post more pictures when I get some free time.

Thanks!

I like the idea of top loading cases as well, for same reason (groceries.)  Fyi, Coyote also offers top loading cases (Pelican).  Iíve been considering them but will have to study your cases too.