Author Topic: Where do you go and meet?  (Read 580 times)

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Re: Where do you go and meet?
Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 05:33:45 PM
From memory...you need alternative routes as it was madness with queues the last time I was there with traffic,I did find some back lanes and went back via Loch Lomond and stopped for a large coffee,or two until the traffic calmed

Offline johnthebigadv

• CB500X Pro
Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 07:08:28 PM
The Groves Chester is a regular stopping off point for bikers, if your coming from Greater Manchester,or the North West make your way through Delamere Forest.
When they open up Wales The Ponderosa Cafe  Horseshoe Pass is also a bike meeting spot.

Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 07:12:45 PM by johnthebigadv

Offline Steve T

• CB500X Pro
  • Bike: CB5X,F8GS,600Alp
Reply #12 on: May 27, 2020, 10:58:08 PM
I prefer my own company when riding.

My sons ride with me occasionally, normally when we are heading off for a rally weekend.

In the past I have had several close calls due to other riders actions when riding in a group. I have also had several people crash when following me. I don't ride fast but I do carry my speed when conering, which is when other tended to crash behind me  :005:

When riding "off piste" on challenging terrain I do tend to buddy up. Seems sensible to me to have you plus one to help lift the bike when its taken a rest break  :164:

Steve T

:018:
British Born
Rasied in Wales
Living in Scotland
Still British 1st though

Offline catstevecam

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: 2016 CB500X ABS
Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 11:05:08 PM
*Originally Posted by Steve T [+]
I prefer my own company when riding.

My sons ride with me occasionally, normally when we are heading off for a rally weekend.

In the past I have had several close calls due to other riders actions when riding in a group. I have also had several people crash when following me. I don't ride fast but I do carry my speed when conering, which is when other tended to crash behind me  :005:

When riding "off piste" on challenging terrain I do tend to buddy up. Seems sensible to me to have you plus one to help lift the bike when its taken a rest break  :164:

Steve T

:018:

Me too - never found the need to organise a group ride-out, just go where I need at my own pace  :152:

Offline Oyley

• CB500X Master
  • Bike: CB500x 2019
Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 11:17:36 PM
Max I am comfortable riding with in a group is four..ruined many a ride out years ago by having more.
Its usually two or three and I convinced the other to get some bike to bike intercoms and we all agree not just how much better the ride is with bike to bike comms...in every respect..from a warning of an object on the carriageway to...I need a piss !
Many years ago on a trip to Andorra I dodged up some two way business band radios with a push to talk button with double sided tape to stick it to the helmet...it was massive improvement over no comms.